Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

There is no mini map in the game, I think you have to hold L2 and move the right analogue stick to look around before each delivery to see where the gaps are.

Last edited:
There is no mini map in the game, I think you have to hold L2 and move the right analogue stick to look around before each delivery to see where the gaps are.

Really? I like it! I still really want this field move thing to be implemented still ahahah! I want them to do it instead of this screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 12.50.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 12.50.20 AM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 56
Nice days play, should be a good test.

Hey Ross, I just then though of something that could be cool for the future cricket games or dlc's you make. I was thinking before about how cool it would be if you didnt get a field mini-map but you rely on looking around yourself while your batting and/or you cant look at the mini map while trying to change the field as captain. So I was thinking about doing like a pro cam while being a captain and change the field by viewing the field yourself and waving your hands like your Michael Clarke. Anyway I've whipped up a quick possible control layout for it all on microsoft word hahaha. Tell me your thoughts. I rekon it would add onto the games interest factor!

Its a really good idea in theory but in practice after some time it would loose its novelty and become a annoyance. If ever it was implemented there should be a option to fall back on to the old method. Because in multiplayer matches it can become really annoying if your opponent does this after every ball.

Nice days play, should be a good test.

Now Michael Clarke can be considered as your typical Australian captain. Aggressive, ruthless and gutsy as ever.

And it amazes me how David Warner finds it so easy to score runs. He is such a talented batsman it's crazy

A left arm orthodox spinner, bowling to a right hander, is bowling leg breaks.

Shouldn't the off break/leg break thing be based on the bowler? I'm trying (very badly) to teach myself left-arm unorthodox bowling, and the stock delivery would be leg spin. I know that's how IC10 describes them, but of course that's probably wrong...

Its either left-arm chinaman or slow left-arm unorthodox; the latter is getting more favour now because its more explanatory to people who don't know cricket and the former... is a little old fashioned.

I don't know why they don't go for "Left Arm Off Spin" and "Left Arm Leg Spin" myself, would make a lot more sense...

It's because lefties aren't human. :mad

ethybubs pls :p

On a serious note, I remember having this discussion a while ago. IMO a left hander who bowls slow left arm is bowling off spin. Yes, the ball is spinning in the opposite direction but, I believe it is the technique that counts. Take a batsmen for example. If a right handed batsmen plays a cut shot, a left hander hitting the ball in the same direction as the right hander - it doesn't get called a cut shot cause it is a pull/hook shot.

It's because lefties aren't human. :mad

and don't forget sinister too*

*being ambidextrous unfortunately I can only feign that I'm half offended by your remark.

Users who are viewing this thread