Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The stumps these days don't go flying as much as when they're put in the technology housed inside needs to be protected, if there cartwheeling past the keeper the camera etc would be smashed, you don't really see it happen now very often, even direct hits from the fielder rarely uproot them nowadays.

I'm happy enough with the reaction of the stumps, many people don't understand how tough it is to uproot them.

I understand it is difficult but it does happen more so overseas than in Australia from what I've noticed. Its just really gratifying to see a stump fly out when you are bowling at a Mitchell Johnson or Shaun Tait like pace. Not something that is easily fixed though as canned animations can look too unrealistic.

Last edited:
I'm happy enough with the reaction of the stumps, many people don't understand how tough it is to uproot them.

The marker at a particular exact spot seems to do the job for me every time :p

@OwlIt does happen with the right ball and speed i guess, if its too easy to happen it will be a overkill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ross has also alluded to the fact that the astro turf does have an impact on the stump physics

Quick question, What platform will you guys be buying it on? As all i see is PS3/PC tournaments/leagues... I know it's early as games not out yet & more will be created when games out, but just wondered what you guys were buying it on. Would be nice to play some of you guys on DBC. Will i be all alone on 360? I'll be getting it on pc too. Thanks guys

Quick question, What platform will you guys be buying it on? As all i see is PS3/PC tournaments/leagues... I know it's early as games not out yet & more will be created when games out, but just wondered what you guys were buying it on. Would be nice to play some of you guys on DBC. Will i be all alone on 360? I'll be getting it on pc too. Thanks guys

i'm getting 360, but unlikely to play online due to the money issue. may buy on PC if/when I upgrade my PC and have a hankering to play online.

i'm getting 360, but unlikely to play online due to the money issue. may buy on PC if/when I upgrade my PC and have a hankering to play online.

Get a cheap PS3. There are plenty of sales going on with retailers trying to offload their PS3 stock. Or buy a cheap used console and the online stuff is free.

Get a cheap PS3. There are plenty of sales going on with retailers trying to offload their PS3 stock. Or buy a cheap used console and the online stuff is free.
If Blocker doesn't want to pay ?40 to play Xbox online, surely it wouldn't make sense to pay ?100-?200 for a PS3.

----------

Looks like our timeless pay-per-view test will have to wait until May.

Anyone somewhat disappointed about the stumps not reacting as they would when you get bowled by a fast bowler? The bails just fall off usually and the stumps just get a bit crooked.

I've had the stumps knocked out multiple times, mostly when I hit them from the bowlers end... my super-human on-drive strength knows no boundaries.

Yep, the mrs questioned the initial purchase of the Xbox, and the amount of time it spends ignored sadly proves her right. If I then went and bought a ps3 I think I would really be in the dog house!

Yep, the mrs questioned the initial purchase of the Xbox, and the amount of time it spends ignored sadly proves her right. If I then went and bought a ps3 I think I would really be in the dog house!

You have to be creative: a PS3 is an essential part of modern Feng Shui practices creating a balance between intersecting and oppossing energy meridians and creating a harmonious atmosphere in which both male and female energies are transfered to a higher plain allowing the man do become more of a listener and a generally more sensitive being...........works for me....

Same as that block, I got a new Xbox last summer as my old one suffered the ring of death, I've played on it no more than a couple of hours since, knowing my luck ill get DB14 and the damn thing will blow up from the dust its collected!!!

...also, PS3's are going dirt cheap on the second-hand market. #JustSayin

Put your little lady on the phone, I'll talk her around. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread