Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I was about to go to bed as it's 01:28am here in UK but can't sleep now haha, Think ill watch the gameplay for the next hour or more :) :thumbs

There are little pops in animation and more sliding than I'd like, it doesn't effect gameplay but I know we need to do it better next time.

Honestly, I wouldn't even red-circle it myself. It's a tiny, split-second little glitch that doesn't affect the game at all. It was just "noticable" which is about as bad a comment I can make of it, really. It's just "there" and gone and I doubt if I would have noticed playing the game, for what it's worth. Easier when you can roll-back the video and nitpick check.

Some of the fielding animations look top-notch though, I love the ball-trail now more than I did when I first saw it. It's such a clever and logical decision when you look at it... Glad we can get rid of those horrible UI stuff for bowling though! They're definitely in there for n00bs!

Honestly, I wouldn't even red-circle it myself. It's a tiny, split-second little glitch that doesn't affect the game at all.

Some of the fielding animations look top-notch though

This sums it up pretty well. There is a bit of sliding around but it is also animated really well. The fielder slides and the ball goes in hand. In older games they would slide and pick the ball up with their forearm.

Hopefully before release Big Ant or TruBlu will release a "masterclass" promo on bowling fielding and batting to demonstrate and advertise the games mechanics.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...518888.1073741833.353023478887&type=1&theater wow i wonder if this is in dbc 14 i will look amazing. btw i really enjoyed that ign video that i watched it twice.they are quite corrects it not in the same class as nba 2k14 but it definetly is a huge step forward in cricket games. hey ross any info on ps4 versions and in multiplayer mode can 2 online players play for 1 team

There is a bit of sliding around but it is also animated really well.

That's why I didn't mind the bit where the slip fielder dived behind the keeper. It wasn't terribly realistic but it looked tweaking slick as shit. I loved the wide-delivery near the end where the keeper dived off to his right... looked amazing.

Fantastic video. Shows exactly how good a cricket game this is going to be. Too many positives to mention.

The only negatives I could find were:

- All but one of James Anderson's deliveries were 129.9kph
- The umpire had his back turned to a run-out but but still gave it out

i.e. the tiniest of nitpicks.

Not sure what happened with the second stumping? User input?

Foot was on the line. That's out.

Yes, but I was referring to the slight slide forward just before the bails were removed?

Game physics at work I guess? I remember Matt during the play session mentioning there's a button to "return" to the crease after each shot you need to press... or something.

Game physics at work I guess? I remember Matt during the play session mentioning there's a button to "return" to the crease after each shot you need to press... or something.

Yeah looks like it, although his foot was in the crease and then it came out of the crease ever so slightly to then move further back in the crease, which I'm guessing was a result of pressing the specific button? Maybe? I think. Perhaps.

That video was of top notch. Just 2 things,
  • Lost the interest of playing nets now after seeing the video, wanted to play the game itself & watch that gameplay again & again! :D
  • Have never seen such lively ambience in a cricket game. Am sure, we would be having many nail biting moments in our career mode.

Very much looking forward to this game, a very huge leap indeed.

Would agree with Biggs that, it should be made to spread like virus in tweets/FBs/whatever media we have.

Love all those different camera angles for that late cut that went for 4! hotspot, slow-mos, snicko, crap loads of angles, and to top it off I love how the fielder stopped after he went over the rope.

Users who are viewing this thread