Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Best part I loved in that gameplay video - LBW that umpire didn't give & it was reversed to be given out after review. Pretty much like real life, who would have thought that it would be hitting the stumps. Just WOW!:thumbs

...further proof I'll be reviewing absolutely everything! Can't trust those umpires at all :spy

...I hope that's not a reference to my cake-induced man-boobs?

119584d1392782329-don-bradman-cricket-academy-beta-99-94d-available-now-youvebeenwarned.gif

The vid oozes awesomeness:thumbs, looking at it i would never guess this is the first iteration of the game, it looks like every little detail for cricket has been taken care of, cant stop watching it again n again.

Obviously it'd be easy to clog a page with things which were superb about that, but what really made me look twice was the outfielder animation and detail of the pitch. It's funny, after having watched all these BA videos on such realistic pitches, they still take me by surprise as to how lifelike they are.

Glad you guys are liking it.... my favourite is the ball coming off the hip/guts and hitting the stumps - as the guy says "you can't accuse this game of having canned physics" :yes

Last edited:
How about the ball just popping out of the fielder at mid on's hands, very authentic english fielding.

Also, the desperate appeal at the end, that's great, stupid appeal but just the fact you can do it is awesome.

Last edited:
How about the ball just popping out of the fielder at mid on's hands, very authentic english fielding.

Also, the desperate appeal at the end, that's great, stupid appeal but just the fact you can do it is awesome.

Got to hold'em :yes

So the 'nearly final' and 'a few months' comments were in the context of last year?

I'd be happy to come and record new footage if you'd like...

The audio was definitely recorded recently - it mentions Ryan Harris as the hero of the recent South African tour.

The audio was definitely recorded recently - it mentions Ryan Harris as the hero of the recent South African tour.

Yeah, the audio was but the video wasn't - I guess that's why they're quite often vague about the controls and what was happening during the match.

Also of note; the little flick off the hip right at the start of the video went quite fine. That was something people were worrying about in the nets so that's good to see.

How about that leg side stumping? I can definitely see myself doing that to someone online who is charging too much :)

Glad you guys are liking it.... my favourite is the ball coming off the hip/guts and hitting the stumps - as the guy says "you can't accuse this game of having canned physics" :yes

That sort of scripted randomness will keep the Fonz coming back for more.

Video and the game look great, incredible work for a first iteration of the game. With the sort of detail and effort put into this, and this base to build on you are onto a very good thing.

That video had just ramped up the excitement level.

Users who are viewing this thread