Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hopefully before release Big Ant or TruBlu will release a "masterclass" promo on bowling fielding and batting to demonstrate and advertise the games mechanics.

Yeah, I think that'd be a very good idea... and probably really ramp up interest. A youtube video, wouldn't cost much but also give a great overview of the depth of the game, much more than can be put on the back of a box, and would really kick off the viral marketing.

I agree completely with you @blockerdave. There's so much money to be made on Youtube. In fact after seeing how bad Ashes 13 was I was tempted to buy it just for the laughs (sick sense of humour I know :(). If BA and HES can get some videos with decent exposure then I'm sure their sales would be boosted somewhat.

Now I have to decide: Do I wait for the Steam version, or do I get it on Xbox 360 knowing that my first experience of DBC will be sub-optimal?

I think the more videos on you tube etc the better, game looks very good and this isn't the finished article, love the animation, the physics looks spot on, I could watch it over and over!! To think that this is the first version of a possible franchise, its very good and streets ahead of anything we've had before. Cannot wait for this game!!!

The only significant glitch that I saw was a 7-ball 9th over. But I guess that must have been fixed by now.
Just to clarify this one. It was a 7 ball over, however it was a 7 ball over due to the first ball being a wide (and a wicket).

My understanding is that this is how the rules work as per:
8. Batsman Given Out Off a Wide
Should a Batsman be given out off a wide, the penalty for bowling it shall stand unless runs are otherwise made.

Just to clarify this one. It was a 7 ball over, however it was a 7 ball over due to the first ball being a wide (and a wicket).

My understanding is that this is how the rules work as per:
That's the correct rule. However it might be clearer if you didn't just have a W for the wicket on the over scoreboard, but a W for the wicket as well as the wide icon.

Something is bound to happen today. All three musketeers are simultaneously online :spy

My money is still on an announcement tomorrow, it's now almost 10:30pm in Melbourne. I've been wrong before though

Users who are viewing this thread