Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I think it would work well. The BA team would do the licensed guys but allow them to be replaced by better fan created players.

We often get poor reference for lower tiered players, sometimes no reference at all - FIFA experiences the same issues, sometimes even getting black guys white and vice-versa.

Seeing how good the DON looks Ross we could not do that level with the tools we have at the moment. I bet you could do a fine Aussie team right now, better than Ashes 2013 that's for sure.:clap

I think it would work well. The BA team would do the licensed guys but allow them to be replaced by better fan created players.
Obviously it would be better for consumers - but wouldn't the licensee prefer to be selling DLC roster updates or yearly editions instead? Or is it the hope that being consumer friendly and getting the associated goodwill would make things better off in the long run?

As a stretch question that you might not be able to comment on - with any negotiations for potential licenses in Cricket - did the Cricket Academy come up as an issue?

We get a lot of requests but I am sad to say it would be the AFL/Tru Blu's call and there is AFL Live 2 so this is very unlikely - about as likely as Carlton are to win the flag :(

At least with the Academy being a focus in all of our games going forward this will not be an issue.

I was scared of that, I won't lie (shhhh don't tell tru blu) but they don't have a clue what they have done picking wicked witch over your crew. Wicked Witch can only make IOS and Wii games... hahaha anyway if the DB Cricket Academy gets implemented into your next AFL Game, I will be as happy as a pig in poo haha. Funny you say that though, because I am currently on AFL Live in the footy factory editing all the squads currently!
Cheers for the update!

Obviously it would be better for consumers - but wouldn't the licensee prefer to be selling DLC roster updates or yearly editions instead? Or is it the hope that being consumer friendly and getting the associated goodwill would make things better off in the long run?

As a stretch question that you might not be able to comment on - with any negotiations for potential licenses in Cricket - did the Cricket Academy come up as an issue?

I think the niche sports would rather see roster updates for the consumer than the fees they get from DLC, after costs there isn't a great deal to be made.

No one saw it as an issue so long as they got their license fee.

Why the BA team so quite...i mean the release date is coming close but nothing interesting happening...

Off topic but what a game in the T20 ! Netherlands 193-4 off 13.5 ! Ireland are out!

The BA Team are making their next game.

I have some inside information on this....

"Coming Soon (How soon is soon? No idea!) From BA Studios their new hilarious corporate publishing game for consoles and digital download:

"Release It!"

A hilarious and exciting turn based game for all ages. Thrills and fun as you seek to find your way through corporate madness in search of that elusive publishing and distribution deal. Do you have what it takes? Can you hold out as long as possible? Will you tire before your potential customers do? How will fare against your nemesis the mysterious "Blocker"? Will he get to you before you get to him?

"Release It!" Coming soon.........maybe"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some inside information on this....

"Coming Soon (How soon is soon? No idea!) From BA Studios their new hilarious corporate publishing game for consoles and digital download:

"Release It!"

A hilarious and exciting turn based game for all ages. Thrills and fun as you seek to find your way through corporate madness in search of that elusive publishing and distribution deal. Do you have what it takes? Can you hold out as long as possible? Will you tire before your potential customers do? How will fare against your nemesis the mysterious "Blocker"? Will he get to you before you get to him?

"Release It!" Coming soon.........maybe"

You know what, that isn't actually a bad pitch for a game - especially that tagline. Hell they've made games about making games, why not a game about releasing games!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome gesture from Sam at IVG. Locked the DBC thread there after 3rd post on 99th page and started a fresh new page for the discussion. :p

We've got to be able to create some little bit of an edge for ourselves :)

hi ross, sorry to re-ask a question but it got buried in the career mode thread.

in the career mode since it's a 20 year career I take it you will need to have regens coming in to play, what sort of tact are you taking on this?

is there going to be code so computer generated players improve over time, are they going to be totally randomly generated or is there going to be some sort of system in place so that teams stay roughly the same level (i.e. bangladesh remain relatively week while india keep churning out decent batsmen and pakistan decent quicks etc)

I think most probably it would be randomly generated but I would love to have a code in the game replicating real world as you mentioned. It would be awesome to see Indians dominating at home and occasionally away. Although i would love it to replicate real scenarios, yet i would like the code to randomly select a team and give it players strong enough for a golden run. That way we all would have different career experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread