Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

it's not actually that hard to do, it would just involve when players "retire" that players attributes are basically regenerated into someone else with a different name and appearance.

it would depend on how much the variety the development process allowed but that would mean teams stay roughly to their strength. of course, the downside is the world seems a little less fluid and predictable. Kallis would retire and three seasons later south africa would have miraculously found another world class grinding batsman that was an effective seamer.

having a completely random regeneration process is a bit risky though, I know it's something Football manager spent nearly a decade trying to perfect, so that you could all of a sudden have a brilliant iranian player or perhaps an unusually good crop of belarussians or something emerging but at the same time italy, germany, argentina or brazil would still be the main source of class players.

having players develop also requires code that would influence that process, I haven't seen anything in CA that suggests they do have this stat.

all in all, it's a big bit of the game as it could lead to career mode breaking down and being unplayable within 5 or 6 years, but it hasn't occurred to me to ask if there are any details on how it's being implemented.

I think that it'd be nice if very rarely random world class regen emerged from somewhere random like Russia or Germany or somewhere. Would make career mode a little more unpredictable...

I don't know if someone involved with the ICC t20 has been watching db14 clips, but when replays of sixes are shown there's a ball trail! Looks like bigant were ahead of the field there!!! Really looking forward to both DB14 and TTC!!

it's not actually that hard to do, it would just involve when players "retire" that players attributes are basically regenerated into someone else with a different name and appearance.

it would depend on how much the variety the development process allowed but that would mean teams stay roughly to their strength. of course, the downside is the world seems a little less fluid and predictable. Kallis would retire and three seasons later south africa would have miraculously found another world class grinding batsman that was an effective seamer.

having a completely random regeneration process is a bit risky though, I know it's something Football manager spent nearly a decade trying to perfect, so that you could all of a sudden have a brilliant iranian player or perhaps an unusually good crop of belarussians or something emerging but at the same time italy, germany, argentina or brazil would still be the main source of class players.

having players develop also requires code that would influence that process, I haven't seen anything in CA that suggests they do have this stat.

all in all, it's a big bit of the game as it could lead to career mode breaking down and being unplayable within 5 or 6 years, but it hasn't occurred to me to ask if there are any details on how it's being implemented.

I think even if they have not included any code similar to this they could add this via a patch because its would just be a regeneration algorithm, nothing drastic.
I wish the code is something where every country has a static probability attached to it for types of batsman and bowlers. For example, India would have a 90% probability of generating a great batsman, 30% probability of producing a great fast bowler and 60% probability of producing a great spinner every 5 years. Then on top of that there would be 3 legendary players generated completely randomly every 7 or 8 years but restricted to top 12 nations.
There should also be a code to make sure atleast 3 teams go through a golden patch every five years i.e. getting too many great players. This would make us experience scenario like current scenario where Australia and South Africa are absolute nightmare for touring countries.
I wish Ross shed some light on code regarding this as this could decide the shelve life of the game.

All great points, but we do need to keep in mind this is BA's first cricket game, and the first cricket career mode ever.

Plus they need to keep something for the Sequel as well :)

yeah, I'm not wanting to come across a demanding idiot, I fully expect this side of the game to cause trouble because it's so unique, but it's because it's unique it's where the game could really succeed. for one I definitely see playing in career mode more than any other, it's going to be more thrilling only having one chance to make a score, plus it means I can play full tests without the tedium of having to bat and bowl some 2500 balls.

hi ross, sorry to re-ask a question but it got buried in the career mode thread.

in the career mode since it's a 20 year career I take it you will need to have regens coming in to play, what sort of tact are you taking on this?

is there going to be code so computer generated players improve over time, are they going to be totally randomly generated or is there going to be some sort of system in place so that teams stay roughly the same level (i.e. bangladesh remain relatively week while india keep churning out decent batsmen and pakistan decent quicks etc)

This is the #1 unknown about the game, and the more it remains an unknown it makes me think there are two possibilities:

1) There is a brilliant regen system in play that BA wants to keep as a surprise
2) There is no regen system, and BA doesn't want to advertise that because it'd obviously detract from the game (at least from career mode)

I made a couple of posts about this a while back. The fact that Ross said that it was the first iteration of career mode and not to expect much, on the career thread around that time, has made me think that it's option 2. Even if the regen system isn't great, I'd hope not to be playing with the same people after 20 years. Hopefully there is at least some implementation of it, to help with the longevity of career mode (which should still be good, what with the various careers you can have).

Last edited:
At least this game has career.
Think back to IC2010, AC09, C07.
Quality games but no career.
Be Grateful!

I made a couple of posts about this a while back. The fact that Ross said that it was the first iteration of career mode and not to expect much, on the career thread around that time, has made me think that it's option 2. Even if the regen system isn't great, I'd hope not to be playing with the same people after 20 years. Hopefully there is at least some implementation of it, to help with the longevity of career mode (which should still be good, what with the various careers you can have).

i doubt there is no "regen" or "retiring" in the game at all, but it may not be overly sophisticated.

Less then 2 weeks before release and next to nothing ,in
The way of publicity for the games release .
If this game was to sneak on the shelf in the UK the
Gaming press always assume it's a poor game
Released by publisher to make a few quid quickly.
I know this is not true but still wish there was a
Bigger push with the press .
There might be a push soon with Au press
And planned one for Uk nearer our release date !
PS3 sitting catching dust waiting :thumbs

Less then 2 weeks before release and next to nothing ,in
The way of publicity for the games release .
If this game was to sneak on the shelf in the UK the
Gaming press always assume it's a poor game
Released by publisher to make a few quid quickly.
I know this is not true but still wish there was a
Bigger push with the press .
There might be a push soon with Au press
And planned one for Uk nearer our release date !
PS3 sitting catching dust waiting :thumbs

they don't have the budget to educate the masses - don't you know how much it costs to take the videos and stills you've already done and repeatedly tweet them, and maintain a conversation on your social media?

(to help you, it costs nothing.)

Let's hope our word of mouth sells enough for Ross
So we get more .
I am getting ps3 and pc version so 2 sold ..

Users who are viewing this thread