Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Not sure anyone ever picked this up but it appears that the only team licensed in the game is Russia

I do wonder how hard it would be, if anyone knows people in any of the other Affiliate or even Associate nations, to add more of those kind of teams to the 'licensed' pool.

Perhaps once (if?) the game gets a dedicated website for itself - it might be a good idea to put a notice up making a broad offer to any national sides to get themselves in the game.

Of course only mentioning Russia as a licensed side forgets the sacrifices made to close the deal on licensing PlanetCricket. That was literally minutes of Biggs having suggested it before that happened.

Still can't believe that we are so close to getting this in our hands. Just a little more than a week to go. :cheers
Time to hit the nets and start practising. ;)

P(3f-7)=9(4g+6t)+5(r-3(t+5))
-------
(y-9)

P= pizza boxes
f= fragile vases
g= good looking people who aren't very intellegent
t= tank tops
r= robot genitals
y= your best friends sister

I do wonder how hard it would be, if anyone knows people in any of the other Affiliate or even Associate nations, to add more of those kind of teams to the 'licensed' pool.

Perhaps once (if?) the game gets a dedicated website for itself - it might be a good idea to put a notice up making a broad offer to any national sides to get themselves in the game.

Of course only mentioning Russia as a licensed side forgets the sacrifices made to close the deal on licensing PlanetCricket. That was literally minutes of Biggs having suggested it before that happened.

Sadly, I don't, but I reckon most would go for it. The likes of Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Nepal, etc...would love extra exposure (you'd think).

I think it would be good exposure for the associate nations and further more could work the other way when these teams are playing in their respective tournaments if they had bigants logo on the odd bat sticker etc, I'm not expecting bigant to sponsor them but it would raise awareness for both parties.

The top 10 plus Ireland and maybe Afghanistan probably are too big to accept it without money changing hands; but the lower level associates/affiliates would probably really want it and would like to do what Russia have done.

If the game in the future ended up with an ICC licence (that was loose enough to allow editing, like most other sports games); I'd hope that Big Ant would use it in a sensible way and give us as many international teams as they could fit - perhaps add more and keep them updated through patches? The only good thing that the EA games had going for them was the sheer amount of licensed teams in the box. Now licensing is nowhere near as important as other stuff (I'd rather have a game that looked nice and played well but I was stuck with Jonas Anreson versus an awful, ugly game with James Anderson) but in the long term, it'd be nice to see since it would probably allow for the franchise to grow. The best licensed games don't just use the names of players and teams but incorporate them into gameplay in an interesting way - the commentary of games like MLB the show and NBA 2k would be a lot less interesting if it wasn't for the fact that they could start talking about how the Cubs hasn't won a world series for 100+ years (:() or other similar things...

''For cake and country''

I like how i'm the only one without a hat on.

Users who are viewing this thread