Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Can anyone post a complete list of controls using the joystick? I am not talking about the control layout, i am asking about the buttons and stick position to play cover drive, flick etc?

This could be helpful for many people. I just started playing the nets, so it will take a lot of time for me to put it up, maybe someone playing it from the Day 1 can do this much better :thumbs

Can anyone post a complete list of controls using the joystick? I am not talking about the control layout, i am asking about the buttons and stick position to play cover drive, flick etc?
posted by matt......cant find the post on pc however, its not really hard to figure out btw if you spend a bit of time you will know all the shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
will there be an online rank system? it would be a cool feature to add as it will be more competitive online.no one wants to be ranking 200

Anyone know what we can expect in the new Cricket Academy update?

will there be an online rank system? it would be a cool feature to add as it will be more competitive online.no one wants to be ranking 200

Yes, there will be an online ranking system. All BA games in the past have had one *

* I may have been ranked #2 on xbox live for AFL...just saying

Anyone know what we can expect in the new Cricket Academy update?

I would guesstimate this Friday, since the last update comes before release... and is usually updated on a Friday. That being said, I doubt there's much more to be added to the academy at this point, unless @Ross has a surprise for us.

Yes, there will be an online ranking system. All BA games in the past have had one *

* I may have been ranked #2 on xbox live for AFL...just saying

2 major bugs that made me not play much online on that.

The people playing with 2+ player and just bumping you because your AI won't bump either.

and the custom teams that would change all teh "irrellevant" stats and have an Overpowered team.

2 major bugs that made me not play much online on that.

The people playing with 2+ player and just bumping you because your AI won't bump either.

and the custom teams that would change all teh "irrellevant" stats and have an Overpowered team.

Yes there are several issues with online. When you got a good opponent, it was great fun though. There should have been a warning saying that you were going to play against multiple humans. That occurs in the NHL game online, and probably others.

The other big issue, before any patching, was the ability to stand very close to the person taking a set shot. Since the kicker had to come out on an angle, you could position your players so that you block the kick every time. That really killed matches for me, as you were effectively forced to play on all the time.

Luckily the patch fixed that, but then again the patch allowed you to have custom teams of maximal strength, which provided more problems.

Yes there are several issues with online. When you got a good opponent, it was great fun though. There should have been a warning saying that you were going to play against multiple humans. That occurs in the NHL game online, and probably others.

The other big issue, before any patching, was the ability to stand very close to the person taking a set shot. Since the kicker had to come out on an angle, you could position your players so that you block the kick every time. That really killed matches for me, as you were effectively forced to play on all the time.

Luckily the patch fixed that, but then again the patch allowed you to have custom teams of maximal strength, which provided more problems.

I am really amazed at the longevity of AFL Live, a great disappointment that we didn't get to do AFL Live 2 however it has meant more time on RLL2 and DBC14 which are all the better for it.

Did you ever play my son Antony at AFL Live? Hard to remember now but I think he was unbeaten online against anyone at BigFooty.

I am really amazed at the longevity of AFL Live, a great disappointment that we didn't get to do AFL Live 2 however it has meant more time on RLL2 and DBC14 which are all the better for it.

Was AFL Live not as successful as was hoped? Or are there other complications as to why you won't be doing another AFL game at this stage? I never played AFL Live (didn't know it existed), tempted to try to get a copy for the 360 as I noticed it's not on Steam. I wonder if there would be any sense on updating the rosters and re-releasing it on XBLA or PSN?

Did you ever play my son Antony at AFL Live? Hard to remember now but I think he was unbeaten online against anyone at BigFooty.

I don't recall doing so. I definitely was beatable, far from the second best player, but the rankings just fell that way I suppose. I only had it on 360 so maybe he was on PS3. Met him at one of the play-tests at EB though, a nice guy.

Everyone is disappointed with the lack of a BA-made AFL Live 2, particularly given what Wicked Witch dished up for it. We may never know the full story as to why BA didn't do it, but I doubt it was due to lack of effort.

Was AFL Live not as successful as was hoped? Or are there other complications as to why you won't be doing another AFL game at this stage? I never played AFL Live (didn't know it existed), tempted to try to get a copy for the 360 as I noticed it's not on Steam. I wonder if there would be any sense on updating the rosters and re-releasing it on XBLA or PSN?

It was very successful and a great re-boot of the series. The best selling AFL game to date.

It was released on PC on Games for Windows Live which unfortunately is about to be shut down.

There was a roster update in 2012 (game came out in 2011) which included the newest team GWS. I tried re-downloading that recently though and it wouldn't work. Anyway, those updated rosters are now two years out of date anyway (although there were some gameplay tweaks as well).

I suppose any further publications would be up to Tru Blu, and since they went with Wicked Witch for the awful sequel it's hard to see them re-publishing the original game.

----------

It was very successful and a great re-boot of the series. The best selling AFL game to date.

It was released on PC on Games for Windows Live which unfortunately is about to be shut down.

Interesting that you call it a re-boot. I'd have figured you'd want to distance yourself as much as possible from the earlier AFL games. I honestly think that by calling it AFL Live people thought it was made by the same people as earlier games (I definitely heard that from many people) and that turned them off.

Luckily word of mouth was quite strong after release :)

Users who are viewing this thread