Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It was extremely well received, we got great sales after release through word of mouth.

We didn't get to choose the name :p

we got great sales after release through word of mouth.
I don't want to be jumping to crazy conclusions, but by any chance is this part of your strategy for DBC14?

Apologies if I'm making too big of a leap from what you said.

I don't want to be jumping to crazy conclusions, but by any chance is this part of your strategy for DBC14?

Apologies if I'm making too big of a leap from what you said.

It certainly is the case, I think it's the only way niche sports can get a hold and be successful in the long term. I think it's good and I hope it is well received but there is always nagging doubts.

I am quite afraid of the extremely high expectations some people here have as they cannot be lived up to, there will no doubt be some negativity from that expectation and the reality that is the game.

...as long as there's cheerleaders and the Hellicopter shot, you'll be right as rain expectation-wise.

...as long as there's cheerleaders and the Hellicopter shot, you'll be right as rain expectation-wise.

Bugger.

In all seriousness I have forgotten to point out that the Cheerleaders have been cut from the game.

I'd forgotten to mention it because I didn't think them important but I know some people here do and I don't want to mislead anyone as to the contents of the game.

Sorry :(

----------

The Hellicopter is in there.... hopefully that's something :(

I hope he means helicopter shot because "the helicopter" means something else where I'm from and it would seriously jeopardise the G rating...

Bugger.

In all seriousness I have forgotten to point out that the Cheerleaders have been cut from the game.

I'd forgotten to mention it because I didn't think them important but I know some people here do and I don't want to mislead anyone as to the contents of the game.

Sorry :(

----------

The Hellicopter is in there.... hopefully that's something :(

What? No cheerleaders! Outrageous.
Even more disturbing is helicopter shot really there?

How does this helicopter shot work? Is there some button combination?
Just curious.
Blocker don't get mad.

It certainly is the case, I think it's the only way niche sports can get a hold and be successful in the long term. I think it's good and I hope it is well received but there is always nagging doubts.

I am quite afraid of the extremely high expectations some people here have as they cannot be lived up to, there will no doubt be some negativity from that expectation and the reality that is the game.

I think that is a great, honest post. People have to remember that cricket isn't a sport that is on the same level as football or the NFL and games are few and far between. Word of mouth is the best advertising the game can get, and to be fair its not going to be a Fifa or Madden where u can just pick it up and have a quick game so the market itself is quite small because some don't want to dedicate hours to the nets and this game needs you to do that.

The high expectations from many can also be its downfall in some cases ... and again we have to remember this hasn't be built on a Fifa/Madden budget and lets be honest, EA don't exactly blow us away every year with either of them games (Fifa being a lot better than Madden, and i'm a huge NFL fan who has played every Madden from 1998)

I think we need to keep in mind this is a game for longevity and not rushing into everything, we have to wait for patches if there are bugs, we aren't going to get a DBC 15 or possibly 16 (in my opinion) but i'm sure when the next DBC does come out it will have a lot of improvements if the words spreads like BigAnt want.

Just my input, looking forward to the game and finally playing it :)

I would use neither cheerleaders nor helicopter shots. except for the cheerleaders.

Users who are viewing this thread