Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Was just a suggestion, I haven't tried it. Just trying to think how the helicopter shot might be differentiated as input from other unorthodox shots if it is in there.

Our arms/brains are capable of more differentiation in terms of playing different shots in the same area than the controller can receive as input, so I guess after a certain number of obvious inputs there has to be a few non-obvious ones if there are additional shots/animations so the game knows which ones to trigger without guessing at what the user intended.

He's just teasing you guys. I tried it long back. Didn't work.

Wasn't a tease. Ross said Helicopter is in there... I am not even sure what such a shot is, it's basically an extravagant hoik over mid-wicket with a ludicrous trigger movement and follow through as far as I can tell... I can't recall as I don't use the unorthodox trigger much but if there is already a shot/animation for the direction+unorthodox trigger (there might not be, as Snowy suggested it might be an animation held back from Beta) the game needs to be able to differentiate the inputs.

I was attempting to help. If I was @Ross I'd now ignore you and post a ton of personal abuse. But I won't :)

Normally to play that helicopter shot (if it exist) you should not move the feet at all and swing the bat.

^^Yea, I would guess: Unorthodox Shot (LB) + RAS Up would trigger the helicopter shot.

LB + Left = Sweep
LB + Down = Scoop
LB + Right = Reverse Sweep

So, I guess LB + Up = Helicopter shot?

Normally to play that helicopter shot (if it exist) you should not move the feet at all and swing the bat.
That wouldn't generate any power. The way it normally works is by moving back to a yorker. No extravagant foot movement, but you have to move back.

Perhaps you need to rotate the stick around multiple times. I certainly hope that's the controls for it.

Isn't the helicopter shot just a normal shot with a fancy pants twirl at the end in the follow through that has no influence on the stroke at all.

Users who are viewing this thread