Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Coming back to some game related discussion. @BigAntStudios I was going through some of the videos MattW posted after the playsession (for the hundredth time :p). I noticed that when left arm orthodox spinner comes around the wicket, he runs through the umpire in his run up. i.e. his right shoulder just passes through the left shoulder of umpire. I know it is a minor grip and wont affect the gameplay. Yet, I notice it now everytime whenever i see any left armer going around the wicket. Now i wish i had never noticed it in the first place :facepalm

Coming back to some game related discussion. @BigAntStudios I was going through some of the videos MattW posted after the playsession (for the hundredth time :p). I noticed that when left arm orthodox spinner comes around the wicket, he runs through the umpire in his run up. i.e. his right shoulder just passes through the left shoulder of umpire. I know it is a minor grip and wont affect the gameplay. Yet, I notice it now everytime whenever i see any left armer going around the wicket. Now i wish i had never noticed it in the first place :facepalm

I noticed that and posted the error or bug [not affecting gameplay]...
But did not get any response....:p

Same with a catch as well in Twistie 3 full gameplay video at 14:15

Last edited:
Well for most of the indian, Dhal means this
220px-Indian_dhal_shield.jpg

:p
Dhal Shield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Depends where you are. I've seen it spelled Daal, Dhal and Dal in different places. Still means "Lentil".

i know we've had many conversations in this forum about the veracity or otherwise of wikipedia entries, but they suggest dhal is an acceptable variant spelling and google india is equally happy to accept it

------

Edit, see @Chief pipped me to it

Just to add my $.02, I visit a carribbean takeout joint often for lunch and they offer "Dhal Roti with chicken" on their menu.

And who says advertisement and subliminal messages don't work!! Just now the Missis says" what do you fancy for tea tonight?" Me "spicy chicken dhansak" lol

Dahl dal daal dhal lentil legume .....always love this top knowledge and cultural sharing going on in PC

*just kidding #racistfishes....thats for mocking MSD EHlicopter

I do enjoy the way food is used as an insult among the Asian countries, we used to play a fixture against a team who fielded a number of Pakistani players, who would keep shouting "Colombo" at a Sri Lankan lad in our team, his response was to shout "aloo" which really seemed to get under their skin!!! I've been called a lot worse than potato while playing cricket and it still makes me chuckle to this day!!!

They probably got irked due to the incident in Canada, where Inzimam barged into the crowd which kept shouting "Aloo" at him, since he was a little over-weight.

Well, I was a pretty chatty WK in my school days. My insults sere never personal or hurtful yet batsman seem to get distracted more often than not as i used . It reached to such a point that almost teams started to have mutual agreements to have quite keepers :p

Users who are viewing this thread