Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Few niggles I've noticed in the game:

- When seeing the score the English way (runs then wickets), the switch is made for bowling figures too. For example, if I had two wickets for twelve runs the scoreboard shows 12-2. This is incorrect, we still say 2-12 even though we read the actual score as runs then wickets.

- When bowling, the game switches from over to round the wicket without asking.

- I have had a few edges to the keeper, big edges that carried and were not no balls, that for some reason the players don't appeal for and when I manually appeal the umpire gives it not out.

Some interesting things I've noted about the game -

- if you launch the game but do nothing, it goes into a demo mode and autoplays random matches and you can just spectate

- Hitting circle before the ball is bowled causes the batsman to point with his bat out

- Players all move their heads towards the ball when seen in replays

- Non striker ducks and moves out of the way when ball is hit to him

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios

I've come across a very strange issue post patch. When playing 2 player, the batting just goes nuts sometimes. The batsmen are moving in slow motion, the are playing shots that dont correspond to the input, an its generally a complete mess. I've messed around with invert batting and all with no success. Is it a difficulty issue? I'm very confused and its destroying the game for me.

After playing the game for a week, apart from the points already raised by others, I would like to see:
More swing, spin and seaming of deliveries. It would also be quite nice to see the stumps go flying after being hit by a 90mph delivery. The balls momentum seems to absorbed by the stumps. At the moment I've only seen the stumps uprooted by the fielders throwing them down. One of the great sights in cricket is seeing the stumps cartwheeling.

Shame that ground names altered in CA don't transfer to Career mode - loses some immersion as a result
They do partially - if you view the fixtures they are shown correctly - just none of the matches get played at the correct location.

When will the patches start to come ?

Ohkay When did it release ?

Has anybody else find that, very often wickets fall off consecutive balls? Or am i doing something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread