Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Game

Despite a few bugs i think dbc is a fantastic game and a and big ant should be applauded.:clap

Welcome to the shiny new forum for Big Ant Cricket, not much is known about the game yet, but we do have a new screenshot to show you all.

Test.jpg

While we don't have any detail on features, I have to say the list of things in their recently released Rugby League game is very promising, including a career mode. Perhaps not all of that can make it into the cricket game, but even half of that list would make a great and long lasting game.

It was the start and 622 days after this post we are getting the game :yes ;) wow wonderful feeling

...could've at least dug up the classic red circle post that began @Ross' PC.net career

...could've at least dug up the classic red circle post that began @Ross' PC.net career

Just for new newbies:
Doesn't look that great to be honest. This thing has been "in development" for so long it's clearly been on the back-burner. The pads in that screenshot look all wrong, as do the bizzare looking keeper gloves, what are they, mittens? Helmet looks like a horse-riding cap, it's just all wrong.

100852d1349783403-big-ant-studios-post-first-look-cricket-game-wrong.jpg

...shirt sleeves are too long, it's not the 80's and the collars look like something Travolta would wear in Grease. Colour me utterly unimpressed.

It's also (pretty obviously) Photoshopped. I doubt that's a genuine in-game image. That crowd background for a start has been "placed" behind the player animations...
Soz again Biggs.

Even the latest and greatest sports games, e.g. NBA 2k14 on PS4, have clothing that seems to hover. Look at the shoulders:

0a5ceaff387a16c94add7d45cbe9b126.jpg

NBA 2k14 would be regarded as having one of if not the best career mode. Can you change your appearance throughout your career? yes.
Does people's appearances change over a 20 year period? Yes.
It's not a big deal that we can't do it but it would be nice.

Do you remember the first year they introduced career mode? It was 2K10 and it was a gigantic mess. They had to patch it again and again.

----------

Even the latest and greatest sports games, e.g. NBA 2k14 on PS4, have clothing that seems to hover. Look at the shoulders:

Didn't you know all NBA jerseys are starched?

----------

Just had a couple of "firsts" last night. My first bowled that caused an uprooted stump and a thick edge to keeper.

Here's the bowled:

Got another during the T20 championship. Available in HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the way the stump camera spins round too, haha - nice touch. Is there a nice *thunk* as it hits? - always my favourite part.

Can anyone help me to play spin (by giving some tips from their experience), i can't improve my time, because i couldn't even making contact with the ball except some edges, please give some advise thanks. ( in dbc academy)

Users who are viewing this thread