Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Just saw the footage of Gilchrist's helmet cam. BigAnt team had mentioned that it was based on that view, and I must say this is one thing they have nailed to perfection

Not my favorite mode, but in-game it looks just like a real life pro-cam

Just saw the footage of Gilchrist's helmet cam. BigAnt team had mentioned that it was based on that view, and I must say this is one thing they have nailed to perfection

Not my favorite mode, but in-game it looks just like a real life pro-cam

I would love the pro cam to be my camera of choice but the fact that it's based on a helmet cam view is wrong in my opinion. It should be based on how a batsman sees the world not how a helmet camera does, which distorts the view and makes things, like fielders for instance, seem further away then they are.

After batting a fair bit, I think that this game is a bit light on shots. On the front foot, there is almost nothing between a leg glance (to square leg or behind) and an on drive (to mid on).

The mid wicket region is very hard to touch on the front foot.

Also I'd like a way to hit to the point region with a square drive, particularly against the spinners.

And finally, I think the next version needs some shot which is really just a push, so you can get quick singles and hit the gaps more easily and hit the ball along the ground.

After batting a fair bit, I think that this game is a bit light on shots. On the front foot, there is almost nothing between a leg glance (to square leg or behind) and an on drive (to mid on).

The mid wicket region is very hard to touch on the front foot

And finally, I think the next version needs some shot which is really just a push, so you can get quick singles and hit the gaps more easily and hit the ball along the ground.

I used to think so too but lately I've been nailing a few of these, anywhere between just in front of square leg and a wide mid on.
I think it's a risky shot though as it seems to work best off a very full ball and footwork has to be moving right across in front of middle and off ( so much like real life).

The only place I have trouble hitting anything is through point off either front or back foot. But I think that's mainly because when I play a cut shot I just can't seem to move the right stick to "3 o'clock", it tends to follow the same direction I move the left stick.

I would love the pro cam to be my camera of choice but the fact that it's based on a helmet cam view is wrong in my opinion. It should be based on how a batsman sees the world not how a helmet camera does, which distorts the view and makes things, like fielders for instance, seem further away then they are.

my biggest issue with the Pro cam is there is a definite blind spot.

I noticed the slight error when using runs/wickets scores hasn't been fixed. The bowling figures are still being shown as runs/wickets, when they should be wickets/runs.

I just realized how much fun playing with Pro Mode can be. This is something I would like to be integrated with more depth in future iterations.

Too bad, I can't afford the game as of yet to enjoy its all the merry it comes along. Sucks to be a student living in hostel though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad, I can't afford the game as of yet to enjoy its all the merry it comes along. Sucks to be a student living in hostel though.
Props for actually accepting that developers need to make a living and going without the game, rather than take the easy way out. :thumbs

I'm sure you guys may be aware, but just a heads up there are still idiots posting torrent links on you official Facebook page, just seen one under the IGN Review post.

Probably a good idea to delete them ASAP and hound the poster with threats of jail time, as I'm sure it's not helping.

I'm sure you guys may be aware, but just a heads up there are still idiots posting torrent links on you official Facebook page, just seen one under the IGN Review post.

Probably a good idea to delete them ASAP and hound the poster with threats of jail time, as I'm sure it's not helping.

Thanks for pointing them out.

We do go through and delete and ban them... they always come back of course.

I reckon you post a link to a torrent you've uploaded and fry a few computers, throw a keylogger in the mix like most of em do anyways and hijack a few credit cards, you'll make your budget in a few hours for DBC15.

Users who are viewing this thread