Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'd love to hear more about the pitch... to be honest, it's a bit of an anomolie in the game that you never, ever hear about the ball/pitch/ground/outfield in the game from the commentary. I like how it makes note of you closing in on milestones though, but that's really about as interesting as it gets.

Pitch reports have been in most other cricket games (although the pitches rarely had any impact on the bowling unlike in this game so it is more needed).

Also would love to have more series specific/tournament specific info shown and discussed. Last bowling spell/series average/match figures etc.

Pitch reports have been in most other cricket games (although the pitches rarely had any impact on the bowling unlike in this game so it is more needed).

Also would love to have more series specific/tournament specific info shown and discussed. Last bowling spell/series average/match figures etc.

For me, that stuff is best in graphics: anything with specific numbers should be ommitted from commentary: it always sounds awful.

The commentary would be better for more general comments: "is he bowling/batting well today/better than average/wrong format", does he look nervous, is the pitch deteriorating/helping/hindering, what is the weather forecast. Analysis should be in graphics, commentary should be for punditry.

Although pitch REPORTS have featured before, it should be a constant throughout the match: watch a TV presentation of a cricket match and make a note every time they mention the conditions: it's lots because they know that this is something the viewer at home cannot perceive fully themselves.

For me, that stuff is best in graphics: anything with specific numbers should be ommitted from commentary: it always sounds awful.

The commentary would be better for more general comments: "is he bowling/batting well today/better than average/wrong format", does he look nervous, is the pitch deteriorating/helping/hindering, what is the weather forecast. Analysis should be in graphics, commentary should be for punditry.

Although pitch REPORTS have featured before, it should be a constant throughout the match: watch a TV presentation of a cricket match and make a note every time they mention the conditions: it's lots because they know that this is something the viewer at home cannot perceive fully themselves.

Agree. I kind of put my graphical desires in with this commentary chat. It really irks me that I can't see their match stats as well as their career stats when bowlers are coming back etc.

Good point made on the pitch deterioration and keeping us updated on it.

It irks me that you can't view stats for previous seasons in each format, which surely can't be a difficult fix?

It irks me that you can't view stats for previous seasons in each format, which surely can't be a difficult fix?

Would love to have a stats page you can cycle through using shoulder buttons to look at your career stats for each season. Currently you have no idea which season you performed well and in which season your form hit rock bottom. Overall stats needs a major overhaul and even stats within the game need to be enhanced. I would say EA's Cricket 07 would be a great starting point for stats.

Some sort of career manhattan graph is the traditional way to represent such things... I think that's what we're looking for.

Some sort of career manhattan graph is the traditional way to represent such things... I think that's what we're looking for.

Nah, I want full-on stats. I've said this before, but cricket is a game all about stats - perhaps only about stats, really - so the lack of such things is pretty startling for what should become the premier cricket game.

Just tried playing a match with Pro cam outside of career mode... I found it extremely difficult to bat using right handers (I bat left handed) in that view, it just felt alien to me. I could not get used to where my stumps/legs were or select anything near the correct shot.

It's realistic like that no doubt, if I tried batting right handed in real life I would be pathetic, but I really want to be able to use pro cam in all modes - I will try to get used to it!

Does anyone do anything similar to me when playing a test-match. The first 5/6 overs I hit it around the park and build quick runs before they move fielders. After that normally gaps are closed etc. The batsmen on the highest runs I then "nominate" to get a big score with the other helping by taking the sting out of the attack and going for singles and doubles etc.

Also, in the same match. Had my first innings (England v Australia - 2017 Ashes). Was doing well then lost a lot of wickets for few runs. Was 109-9. Panesar and Broad then put on a 50+ partnership before I stupidly holed out to mid-wicket and finished on 169 all out. Australia put on 302 all out. I have wiped that lead and I am on 140/3.

This is a very good point - look at the Lords pitch against India: it evolved from being a pitch which seamed and swung a bunch to one that didn't do much bar have good bounce (which incidentally allowed the short ball strategy that let England make themselves look stupid). In this game, you'd probably get "its very green but with a bit of moisture under the surface" at the game start and nothing else, while . Perhaps have "pitch report" style things at the start of every day with the commentators talking about how things have changed. The problem is that you'd need a decent amount of lines to make this not completely tiresome after a single test match. That's partially why I don't think they should go and get big star commentators to do commentary: although I'd love to have the likes of Bumble and Holding doing the commentary, it would probably cost a fortune to get the number of lines that would allow for the commentary that we'd all like to see. The reason why you see known commentators doing commentary on the bigger franchises without a huge amount of repetition is because 2k and Sony have a much, much bigger budget than Big Ant, and they've used the same people for many years so they're able to build up on what they had before. This is why Madden's commentary is awful, because EA seem to change who they use every two years and thus have to rerecord everything. You could probably get someone not so big, or even a voice actor to do commentary as good as the bigger names for less money, although that's assuming that the big cricket commentators ask for a fair amount of money...

TBH provided they don't go and get Strauss and Warne to do the commentary, then it can only get better in the future!

So I was doing a great job and suddenly my game crashed. Is there a way I can know why it crashed? Some logs or something like that?

The thing about the pitch reports is that the changes in the pitch need to actually have proper gameplay differences. Currently I don't see much change in conditions between a day 1 and day 4 pitch. Isn't dynamic weather meant to be included as a feature?

In terms of presentation, it doesn't have to be a commentated on (though that will nice) but something daily at the start of play at least.

Users who are viewing this thread