Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Codemasters got away with sending out a broken game, the whole online didn't work in ic10, I can sense this happening again.
Sounds like a game full of bugs and not complete could be rushed out just to make release date, then probably take their money and not here from them again, sounds familiar.

Last edited:
So in laymans terms if there's an online component, then technically that's how they're getting around it...

I was wondering how Ubisoft got away with their zero day mega-patch... because they really did send a broken game to market, day one had a maaaaahooosive patch and still the game had floating muskets everywhere, whole levels were broken... Worst experience ever with a game... Pretty average to boot...

Probably because that was ubisoft...one of the largest and most influential game company out there...

Then its a shame that Siddle was just holding the case without the CD inside!

siddle.jpg

Following the interviews on Friday this is more apparent as the answers given are contradictory.

It was said game not finished but will make the 21st? Not on Consoles it won't, that ship sailed a couple of months ago.

Wait what if they finished have finished with approvals for their main game but doing daily builds for the DLC and have not submitted that.
Did they say day one DLC or what?

Last edited:
So in laymans terms if there's an online component, then technically that's how they're getting around it...

I was wondering how Ubisoft got away with their zero day mega-patch... because they really did send a broken game to market, day one had a maaaaahooosive patch and still the game had floating muskets everywhere, whole levels were broken... Worst experience ever with a game... Pretty average to boot...

Beat me too it above - Ubisoft, EA, Activision, they can do it.

Platform holders will not normally let you zero day patch any more unless it is online "must fixes" (MF's they're referred to as in the industry). You can't normally use it as a Trojan horse to fix offline code unless the QA at the platform holder somehow missed the issues in their testing - this game would be submitted to SCEE and they know cricket - hard to pull a fast one!

Anyway, time will tell.

----------

Wait what if they finished have finished with approvals for their main game but doing daily builds for the DLC and have not submitted that.
Did they say day on DLC or what?

Seriously? For twenty bucks and an impending huge loss due to the price point do you really think there will be DLC/Patches? There is as much chance of DLC as there is of a Console title being on the shelf on the 21st June!

PS: Game balancing and bug fixing would not be for DLC.

Seriously? For twenty bucks and an impending huge loss due to the price point do you really think there will be DLC/Patches? There is as much chance of DLC as there is of a Console title being on the shelf on the 21st June!

PS: Game balancing and bug fixing would not be for DLC.

But didn't they tell that in their interview?

We are still talking about this delay, i would hate for 505 games to delay say on the 20th of june as we all fear. The hate mail would be so bad i would close ashes 2013 forum till we all calm down.:(

Ross, if you are so certain about the AC 13 delay (which based on Friday's interview wouldn't be unexpected), wouldn't it make sense for you to aim for that June 21st date or as close to it as possible? Basically all those folks who pre-ordered AC 13 will most probably go with your game as that would be the only game in market, and also plenty of other folks who heard the date "21st June" would go eith you as you are the only one on the shelf.

That is unless you have some sort of licensing deal and are targeting a particular date, which would explain why you haven't disclosed the title for the game as it would most likely give away the release date.

yup still think game which comes first going to make profit ..reasons for that 1.for pc users there is no cricket game after ac09 and they are still playing cricket 07 so 4 years wait for a game is long time..2.this is biggest cricket season going on with champions trophy,back to back ashes and xyz leagues to this is best time to release 3.after buying first game i doubht they will buy another in september because that is time where most people will prefer fifa 14 over cricket game..so ideally this is the best time to release cricket game and hence 505 is in hurry ..

@Ross
I am seriously not understanding your strategy , you have got a way superior game which is almost complete and ready to be shipped ,the other game sounds dodgy with their release date and discounted price , You have a perfect chance to release the game first and make huge profits , Seriously there is no way on earth you can get the same amount of sales if you release the game later this year (after AC13) ,Another option would be to release it next year and make good sales(even then it would be impossible to get huge sales). There is no third option for you.

Last edited:
Ahh!! What is the point discussing the release of the game before AC13. I know, you know and Ross knows that now there isn't a chance of getting it before 21st. It is so close, how can one expect in to release before AC13, when we still have one update of the CA to come next week, no screenshot, no awareness about the game. It is important to develop a strategy, and quite sure BA have one in mind.

They are releasing a self-published title after investing millions of dollars, we're all aware of that, so they won't just come up and throw it away!!
Please rest the 'release before AC13' issue!:facepalm

BFor twenty bucks and an impending huge loss due to the price point do you really think there will be DLC/Patches?

Hmmmm... they have said there will be downloadable content in numerous interviews and mentioned kit elements, roster/stats and stadiums as potential DLC? I don't recall whether that was in relation to PC or Console though...

The console platform holders are very reluctant to do it. You can get away with a zero day patch if the content is related to online as by definition the people who need online patches are online.

The answers were given on Friday - daily builds, game balancing, and the like - this means it has not been submitted to the platform holders, either that or the truth has not been told. I think the "want it on the stands as soon as possible" is the closest thing to the truth that was uttered. Anyway time will tell.

Whatever it is.... Please do get your game out first.....it would be a waste to not get your game out first specially when it is finished.

Whatever it is.... Please do get your game out first.....it would be a waste to not get your game out first specially when it is finished.

My vote surely goes to Big Ant Cricket if a poll it started as which game u would like to play.....
@Angad: Let's start vote poll for which game people will buy:
1.Big Ant Cricket.
2.Ashes Cricket 2013.
3.Both.

Users who are viewing this thread