Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I think he probably could. It's whether or not he should which is what I was getting at... I honestly can't see them releasing it to go head-to-head with Ashes and/or during the Australian winter when they've got an established track-record of producing/promoting games for the Australian marketplace.

EDIT: Here you go... have a look...

Oct-Nov 2013 Australia tour of India 2013
(7 ODI and 1 Twenty20 match) India

Nov 2013-Jan 2014 The Ashes 2013-14
(5 Test matches) Australia

So you look at that schedule. You kill two birds with the pre-promote during the India series (Aus/Ind markets) then you stick the game on shelves for the 2013/14 Ashes in Australia.

There's your window of opportunity right there to dominate two key markets (Australia/India) as well as tap into some full wallets from the UK running into Christmas with another Ashes series, given AC13 has been on the market since June/July those that have loved/brought/hated that game are ready for something new.

Last edited:
The Ashes series here will create some buzz in Aus though. Makes more sense to me to get two bites of the cherry (like Shahid Afridi).

True, but you're going head-to-head with an officially licensed product at that point, regardless of which is the better game you'll have Michael Clarke and Alistair Cook's faces all over it. The public will gravitate to that. Unless they do a local-only release for the UK now and go head to head (kinda like what Sidhe did against the official World Cup game in New Zealand during the World Cup*) and then another "international release" during the next Ashes in Australia?

*Although, Sidhe did have the luxury of having the official All Blacks/Wallabies license, with a couple of other smaller teams at that point. It was repackaged as Jonah Lomu Rugby for the International Release.

Last edited:
And then see it in the bargain bin, put it down and get the other game.

Haha, well what did you say... $19 or bucks or something locally in Australia? That's a cheap pick-up for an "off-season" Ashes in Australia. Would the average punter go out and spend $40 - $50 on the BA Product, assuming their price is more expensive after already putting down $20?

This drop price can also lead the consumer to form opinion on quality of the product. Price drop can be equated with quality drop in minds of some potential customers. But overall it will give Ashes cricket 13 better sales imo. I am not sure that will translate into profit though.

Would the average punter go out and spend $40 - $50 on the BA Product, assuming their price is more expensive after already putting down $20?
I think most consumers make a judgement on what they expect things to cost - something that is slightly cheaper can look like a bargain, something many times cheaper just screams out as being 'cheap' not 'value'.

$40 vs $60 might make you decide to opt for the cheaper one on the basis that it's all cricket - but $20 rings alarm bells for me.

This came to mind in thinking about people making choices of games - You have selected No. - YouTube

...but $20 rings alarm bells for me.

...Agreed, and I guess the flipside of that is what it says on the BACK of the box. If the BA one is as stacked as we'd been led to believe features-wise, then that price difference is going to be justified to an extent, therefore, going head-to-head while still a risk, might work?

I still can't see it happening though. October is my bet, $10 in it if anyone wants in ;)

Hasn't Ross already said that the game will be released on xx/0x/2013.....?
Ie: Month being 06=June, 07=July, 08=August or 09=September....?

It's not going to be released in the next 2 months

Frankly, The timelines you mentioned seem more probable!! BigAnt would might not look to release their game within 2 months of Ashes Cricket's release, and it is almost impossible now that BigAnt will release their game before AC13 (unless AC13 gets delayed). The next best time would be the Ashes in Australia!!

----------

Hasn't Ross already said that the game will be released on xx/0x/2013.....?
Ie: Month being 06=June, 07=July, 08=August or 09=September....?

But that was when he was sure that AC13 would get delayed!!

But that was when he was sure that AC13 would get delayed!!
Well he did just confirm in the next four months, which still gets you the end of September at the latest.

My bet would be on the date being announced before June 20th for a mid August release (the first week of August would be great - that first weekend particularly).

Users who are viewing this thread