Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

There's one thing I would love to see in a cricket game, and I think this game is probably the best one to do it. Would love to be able to set up 'scenario highlights', so you set the teams, batsmen, bowlers, the field and the outcome and then it generates a highlight for you, which we can then save. Would be so good for leagues, and a bit of life to it

I think that kinda thing has been all-but confirmed by what Ross has said regarding highlights and the ability to share them via FB, Twitter or YouTube...

In terms of the wider public, we'll ramp the wider PR when it's necessary. You guys have been on a much longer journey, two edged sword - you know about the game so want it NOW - the general public however have no idea about its existence but that can be changed fast.

We are trying to build a franchise of sports titles across numerous codes including Cricket so that we can leverage the technology. The good thing for Cricket fans is that this is title number four in the series, we haven't had to build it from scratch.

I'd like the game to make a profit, of course, however my expectation is that it won't for this iteration, especially now (See Sig.).

I wasn't interested in a least bit to buy AC13 but now at this price point and BigAnt Cricket release far far away , I am sold for this offer! :)

In terms of the wider public, we'll ramp the wider PR when it's necessary. You guys have been on a much longer journey, two edged sword - you know about the game so want it NOW - the general public however have no idea about its existence but that can be changed fast.

We are trying to build a franchise of sports titles across numerous codes including Cricket so that we can leverage the technology. The good thing for Cricket fans is that this is title number four in the series, we haven't had to build it from scratch.

I'd like the game to make a profit, of course, however my expectation is that it won't for this iteration, especially now (See Sig.).

i came to know about ba cricket game a month ago, now the game is 4 months away and i wish i knew about it 3 months later from now.

i came to know about ba cricket game a month ago, now the game is 4 months away and i wish i knew about it 3 months later from now.

You don't quite understand it, you're not the first one. Ross said the game would be released between now and 4 months time. That doesn't mean it is coming out in September, it could come out much earlier than that.

I think that kinda thing has been all-but confirmed by what Ross has said regarding highlights and the ability to share them via FB, Twitter or YouTube...

If that's directed at me you better reread my post again and again and again

You don't quite understand it, you're not the first one. Ross said the game would be released between now and 4 months time. That doesn't mean it is coming out in September, it could come out much earlier than that.

i would like to hear from ross if it could come much earlier than 4 months,
if that was the case why didn't he said 2 months from now.

i would like to hear from ross if it could come much earlier than 4 months,
if that was the case why didn't he said 2 months from now.

Because he said they had not yet decided when would be the best time to release. Going by that, it would make no sense to release the game in 4 months (September), as by then cricket will be at a quiet point after the Ashes.

I think we are looking at July or August.

cricket academy should have been released within 2 months before game release for an ideal build up.

You release-dateaphobes are an awesome bunch... reading tea-leaves and Ross' entrails. Just do some simple research and it's easy enough to make an educated guess... I've kept out, but here's my 10 cents...

It's not going to be released in the next 2 months... Why? Ashes Cricket 2013 that's why. You're not going to go head-to-head with an existing brand name and the outcome of the England Ashes isn't in-favor for Australia, given BigAnt is 100% Owned/Financed in Australia the game has a bigger interest in the Australian market (and a better marketing team who have 'done it before' with their footy titles, therefore, that experience counts for more in Australia). The Ashes title is geared more towards the UK market (see: current release date of June 21st) and also, has all the officially licensed Ashes material. Finally, if the BA game was ready to go, we'd see screens and videos everywhere for it dominating the lack of anything from the Ashes title... it's just prolly not ready yet, that's the educated speculation. They're wanting to really polish it. Hence the public beta-test... so you're not going to see it before October.

Here's the educated guess: I've got $10 on an Oct/November release during the Australian Ashes home series, since this game is home-grown by BigAnt and 100% Australian Produced and Developed... that's what they'll focus on. Also, lets not forget the World Cup is in Australia/NZ next year and that's the time to strike, given Australia is a good shot at winning it at home. Since the Ashes Product will have already been out for 4+ months by that stage there's more space in the market for it to stand out and make hay during this period. There's no chance this game gets released during the Australian winter, when there's a huge Rugby focus with the Lions tour plus League and Footy season dominates during that period. Factor in discretionary income right now getting eaten up by the blockbuster movie season internationally they'll wait until Cricket season swings around locally and gear up for a BIG push going into the Australian Summer, when Cricket will be top of mind, the home Ashes series will be water-cooler talk and the Ashes 13 game will already be on the market being either devoured or loved by all.

So the best guess is probably a pre-promote a month or so around Sept/October-ish, on Shelves around Nov in time for the Cricket Season, Pre-Cricket World Cup and Christmas buying.

Ross will now pants-me and announce a release date for July 1st

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread