Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

...well we've asked @blockerdave to put his pants on, but he insists.

To be fair I think Biggs' main issue is with the use of "broken" versus "needs improvement". I agree that "broken" implies unfit for sale and as such would be careful about using it.

well, let's throw a bomb in here...

the game is unable to model realistic field setting
the fielding system in the game is such that when a ball goes to a fielder you don't know whether he will get there in one second or 10, regardless of the distance from him
the game will change the field setting almost every ball
there is no distance a fielder might have to cover that will have a negative impact on his ability to make a catch/stop a ball

it's only not unfit for sale because the quality of other elements of the game is so high that the game still works "overall". if not broken, it's as close to it as it could possibly be...

it's only not unfit for sale because the quality of other elements of the game is so high that the game still works "overall". if not broken, it's as close to it as it could possibly be...

just thinking some more on this - if every element of the game was of comparable quality to the AI fielding system (both field sets and fielder abilities) i think it would be unfit for sale, and by that logic it's not unreasonable to say the fielding system is broken. Hopefully it is improved significantly via patching.

I assume the changes @Alberts wants in terms of fielder physics/reactions etc aren't patchable as it's a function of the separate physics/animation systems i assume, but i'd hope the field sets, fielder/keeper abilities etc. can be amended

I've got to the point where Biggs' constant shite and defending everything has annoyed me to the point of ignoring him, forum feels nicer as a result. The fielding and keeping does seem quite broken at times, the keeper and diving catches in general are too O-P it's bull... fielding should be the first mechanic you get right due to the effect on the game it has, i'd give any part of the gameplay for a working fielding engine as what we have now is pretty poor. Focus needs to be prioritised for DBC15/16

the fielding system in the game is such that when a ball goes to a fielder you don't know whether he will get there in one second or 10, regardless of the distance from him
there is no distance a fielder might have to cover that will have a negative impact on his ability to make a catch/stop a ball

I think I made the mistake of comparing it to every cricket game ever.

Like I said the broken thing seems semantic to me. We're all basically on the same page. Some stuff is great; other stuff could be a lot better.

Barmy i hope when Bigant are ready they can patch a few problems at a time and then put it together for patch 3 later as the game is just not fun batting wise in career mode at the moment.

I've got to the point where Biggs' constant shite and defending everything has annoyed me to the point of ignoring him, forum feels nicer as a result.

Who are you?

I have to agree, if the batting/bowling were on the same level of quality as the fielding then I definitely wouldn't be playing it. It is just adequate, there's nothing really impressive about it and plenty of instances where it is just plain stupid but at least it functions in keeping the scorelines somewhat believable. Should be one of the priorities for DBC15 imo.

just opened steam and the game is being updated right now. Is this patch 3 or anything else??[DOUBLEPOST=1407307792][/DOUBLEPOST]just 87 MB only...

Users who are viewing this thread