Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Yeah its not broken but needs the right balance at the right situations...

balance

air-quotes.gif

UkOe3dr.png

1. Keepers position when the ball hits the bat
2. Where the keeper moves to following the edge
3. Where the keeper takes the ball

I love this game, but I think many are underestimating the issue here.

I disagree Biggs - the keeper is broken because it's impossible to predict what will land safely and what will be stopped. I can get an edge while bowling and have the keeper turn around to catch the ball backwards on the bounce, or have the AI keeper dive 5 metres on the wrong side to catch or stop a ball - and have no way of predicting which one of those outcomes will occur to a given delivery is a broken gameplay element.

It is not fundamentally broken, in that it often performs the correct function, but it is broken in the sense that it does not work in a reliable manner. That 'reliable' manner needn't always look visually perfect, that's not a gameplay issue - but being totally unpredicatable is.

I don't think that's broken. I think that's the keeper not being fixed when the fielding was first toned down so now he's still Kal-El but the rest of the fielders are more subdued.

It's just a case of setting a rule that when there's slips set, the keepers movements should be restricted.

If the topic was "The Keeper is too good" or even "The Keeper is Broken" there might be some merit in that, although I would still argue he's simply just suffering from overpower syndrome as the fielders did early on...

I'd still want him diving around back there, just not backwards or 5 metres across when he's taking slip catches.

I don't think that's broken. I think that's the keeper not being fixed when the fielding was first toned down so now he's still Kal-El but the rest of the fielders are more subdued.

It's just a case of setting a rule that when there's slips set, the keepers movements should be restricted.

If the topic was "The Keeper is too good" or even "The Keeper is Broken" there might be some merit in that, although is argue he's simply just suffering from overpower syndrome as the fielders did early on.

The fielding is better, there's no doubt about that, but it's still broken. This is the annoying part, we're all pushing in the same direction, so let's fix what seems to be the source of the issue.

You're saying that anything that is broken is Ashes Cricker 13, so we'll create a new word: "Blaganazxi"

Fielding in this game is blaganazxi. The keeper blaganazxes too far to either side and I'm now convinced that it's just an fearsome tweak. There needs to be more attention paid to reaction time, momentum and acceleration, and hopefully this can be done this version, but I fear this version fielding will always be blaganazxed.

I hadn't even read this thread until now... No surprises with Biggs being defensive/apologist for the game about about yet more things.

I hadn't even read this thread until now... No surprises with Biggs being defensive/apologist for the game about about yet more things.

Yeah, fearsome tweak him for enjoying the game, if only that Biggs **** could moan and bitch about stuff like everyone else as opposed to providing reasonable devils advocated perspectives...

What kind of asshole am I?

*cancels preorder*

Yeah, fearsome tweak him for enjoying the game, if only that Biggs **** could moan and bitch about stuff like everyone else as opposed to providing reasonable devils advocated perspectives...

What kind of asshole am I?

*cancels preorder*

Calm down Biggs, in the middle of all that I literally offered Big Ant $350 for a game I already bought twice (;)...), we all love the game, the key is that some of us recognise obvious issues that need some fixing.[DOUBLEPOST=1407259205][/DOUBLEPOST]
To see what's broken actually is then have a look at this:

Now that's what broken is...

Ashes 13 being as it was doesn't make the fielding as it is suddenly okay. If that were the standard we judged things by we end up with more than one Ashes 13.

It doesn't need fixing... It's broken. You've heard the people! We should all mail back our SteamID's written in blood C/o @Ross.

Viva La Revolution!

To be fair I think Biggs' main issue is with the use of "broken" versus "needs improvement". I agree that "broken" implies unfit for sale and as such would be careful about using it.

To be fair I think Biggs' main issue is with the use of "broken" versus "needs improvement". I agree that "broken" implies unfit for sale and as such would be careful about using it.

Then we should all use the term "Blaganazxi" if Biggs is that precious.

...no no, it's fundamentally broken, you're being an apologist. The only reasonable response is to start posting internet memes or YouTube videos of 90s television characters with some dude going "...this guy be whack".

Also uninstall all patches that improve a variety of gameplay options so you can get back the one thing that wasn't fixed quite right.

That's what we do here.

That's how you get fixes made.

Users who are viewing this thread