Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Congrats on the catch...
iioQZTY.gif

I agree with you. I'd advise people to post bugs in that thread as it's easy to manage that way.
Instead of that start a new "Patch 3 must fixes" thread for getting all the bugs at one place..

I really am starting to hate how the keepers behave:

UkOe3dr.png

1. Keepers position when the ball hits the bat
2. Where the keeper moves to following the edge
3. Where the keeper takes the ball

Words cannot describe exactly how bizarre that is. They just move about, there are so mobile, and in that case it's somehow worse. They just moved so far.

It's just so jarring in a great game. Even the superfielders can be forgotten about a bit, but watching that is just sickening, even a fairly normal situation is ruined by the animations.

I really am starting to hate how the keepers behave:

UkOe3dr.png

1. Keepers position when the ball hits the bat
2. Where the keeper moves to following the edge
3. Where the keeper takes the ball

Words cannot describe exactly how bizarre that is. They just move about, there are so mobile, and in that case it's somehow worse. They just moved so far.

It's just so jarring in a great game. Even the superfielders can be forgotten about a bit, but watching that is just sickening, even a fairly normal situation is ruined by the animations.
Yep... I had one similar to that except he backed into it and dived forwards to catch it.

The keeper's movements are really odd in this game.

Turns out that it is - just on the scoreboard. If you go into interactive replay mode, have a fielder near the scoreboard and another player adjacent to them, and the wind is blowing in the right direction and you are careful with the analog sticks and squint, you can read it...
View attachment 128593

If for whatever reason this can't be added to the hud - could we get a cut to the scoreboard every couple of overs instead of the stadium pan?

Ha, that's excellent! :)

Seems strange to hide it away like that though, but it's a lovely touch.

As we want to address almost every bug out there

Wow. I mean, I know you guys have been awesome already, but saying it like that is still wow.

It would be helpful if we can post the bugs in a more systematic manner.

Since I'd say it's fairly certain you have your own bug tracking systems where you have a list of bugs - is there any chance it could be done the other way around by making that public? Ie, you provide the list of bugs you've got documented as a starting point, then people can fill in the blanks of anything that is missing?

I tried doing a forum compilation thread early on from patch 1 days, but it quickly gets out of hand with so many posts (mainly irrelevant) flying around in between, even if it's kept in a single thread. Now with things being all over the place, it's hard to know whether we should repost things that have been mentioned in the past and weren't fixed in the patches, especially when Ross said he reads all posts.

I am still reading every post :yes

I hope things will get wrapped by patch 3 except for minor stuff, would really like to hibernate from PC and get to modding the game...would like to hear something from ross on patch 3 and stuff, some tidbits atleast mainly regarding fielding and drives, this has been just a couple month of rants.

Are the coin tosses in career mode scripted? I just wanted a quick bat but whenever I alt+F4'd and started the match again my team was bowling first every time, and I did it about 6 or 7 times...

Are the coin tosses in career mode scripted? I just wanted a quick bat but whenever I alt+F4'd and started the match again my team was bowling first every time, and I did it about 6 or 7 times...
It's random. There was a point during development where it was always set to the away side. But no, it's random. You're just unlucky. :p

Users who are viewing this thread