Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

"A Sehwagging tail..."

Not really no. Garry Sobers can't do much about usage of the word "Sobering" and am sure Big Ant folks can defend the same if challenged. Pretty certain "Sehwagging" won't be that easy unless "Sehwag" and "Sehwagging" somehow find a way to be added to the english language.

@PotsnPans I suspect that in terms of overs, the game will just advance the time by something in the order of about 4 or so mins, assuming 90 overs were to be bowled over 6 hours. I don't think the game is quite clever enough to guage time depending on what went on for each ball - unless anyone knows better and wants to correct me on this. Therefore, if it's 5:50pm for example, you can bet that you'll have only 2 overs left.

Not really no. Garry Sobers can't do much about usage of the word "Sobering" and am sure Big Ant folks can defend the same if challenged. Pretty certain "Sehwagging" won't be that easy unless "Sehwag" and "Sehwagging" somehow find a way to be added to the english language.
Then how about "Seh-whack"

Pretty certain "Sehwagging" won't be that easy unless "Sehwag" and "Sehwagging" somehow find a way to be added to the english language.
Yeah, it'd be quite the sehwaggingly difficult task to make that a word in common use. Worth having a sehwag at it though.

how about just calling it "that's the way to do it" I'm pretty sure sehwag isn't the only one who has gone to 100 with a 6! however Sobers was, for a long time the only one who'd hit 6 6s in an over

Yeah, it'd be quite the sehwaggingly difficult task to make that a word in common use. Worth having a sehwag at it though.

You can try but IMO results will be quite sobering.

@PotsnPans I suspect that in terms of overs, the game will just advance the time by something in the order of about 4 or so mins, assuming 90 overs were to be bowled over 6 hours. I don't think the game is quite clever enough to guage time depending on what went on for each ball - unless anyone knows better and wants to correct me on this. Therefore, if it's 5:50pm for example, you can bet that you'll have only 2 overs left.
I'm sure I've seen session vary in length between a range of 27-31 overs. Was under the impression that overs bowled by spinners was quicker to that of the seamers. I wouldn't bet on that but it's been my assumption.
Either way even if it was just a total that flashed up once at the start of the 4th innings I think that would be useful.

I'm sure I've seen session vary in length between a range of 27-31 overs. Was under the impression that overs bowled by spinners was quicker to that of the seamers. I wouldn't bet on that but it's been my assumption.
Either way even if it was just a total that flashed up once at the start of the 4th innings I think that would be useful.

Oh yes for sure, I'm totally not against it, but for now we'll have to make do with a rough estimation.

Guys i see there is already a PINK ball in the game! How do i change balls like by default its red in test, i want to play with PINK and same for ODI? Any way to do so?

I always play with my pink ball...

Hey everyone,

Today I met with Ross and we talked for some time. He is a great guy and was generous enough to give me a job at Big Ant. Honestly, I think Big Ant Studios is perhaps the coolest place in Melbourne. I'm speechless and don't know what to say. In short, I'll be looking after the bugs and differentiate the actual bugs from the superficial ones. Apart from this feel free to ask me anything about the game through PMs or post questions somewhere in the forum. Officially, I'll start work from next week onwards, but till then I'll go through every thread as I have a lot to catch up to. Anyway, I'm prolly writing too much, I'll leave it to Ross as he can tell you better.

good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread