Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

@Ross :I would like that addition of "Be like Sehwag" XP ,maybe -50XP to reach a 50,100 and so on with a six...It would be rewarding the same way as it is with opening ball 4 or 6....

The amount of overs left in the day would be a great addition to the longer formats. Judging a last day run chase is pretty difficult at the moment.

Seems to be 6pm on the dot for English First Class games from what I can tell. TBH I really don't know if there is any allowances for being close to bowling a side out. There may be, but I've never been in a position to test this.

Seems to be 6pm on the dot for English First Class games from what I can tell. TBH I really don't know if there is any allowances for being close to bowling a side out. There may be, but I've never been in a position to test this.
It's not the time per se. I know when the sessions end and when they're getting getting close to each break in play. It's more about judging the pacing of my run chase that anything else. Equally batting out a draw would be slightly easier with the overs to count down...if only psychologically perhaps.

It's not the time per se. I know when the sessions end and when they're getting getting close to each break in play. It's more about judging the pacing of my run chase that anything else. Equally batting out a draw would be slightly easier with the overs to count down...if only psychologically perhaps.

Well the game tells you what time of day it is. If it's 4:30pm and you know the day ends at 6pm, then you know how much time you have - 1h 30mins!

I don't disagree that it could be useful to know in terms of overs though, particularly for the second innings. If playing time is reduced due to rain delays, then it could be useful I suppose.

@Ross :I would like that addition of "Be like Sehwag" XP ,maybe -50XP to reach a 50,100 and so on with a six...It would be rewarding the same way as it is with opening ball 4 or 6....

I don't think they can name any cricketer in the game without paying license fees. That's the whole point of DBC Academy. "Be like Sehwag" would probably cost them more than what they made from the PC version of the game or maybe even more.

Well the game tells you what time of day it is. If it's 4:30pm and you know the day ends at 6pm, then you know how much time you have - 1h 30mins!

I don't disagree that it could be useful to know in terms of overs though, particularly for the second innings. If playing time is reduced due to rain delays, then it could be useful I suppose.
I might be mistaken but I don't think every session is exactly the same amount of overs every time...is it? So the time is a good initial indicator but not exactly spot on. I mean even at the start of the 4th innings. Say you get put in with 84 overs left with 288 runs to get. If you knew there was that amount of overs left you'd be able to work out run rates, when to step it up, if you get close etc. I crapped out on a really tricky run chase by 14 runs in the end. I went too hard too soon and got out...then the rest of my team then proceeded to bat out a draw. Had I known we'd get that close I would have stayed in a bit longer.

I don't think they can name any cricketer in the game without paying license fees. That's the whole point of DBC Academy. "Be like Sehwag" would probably cost them more than what they made from the PC version of the game or maybe even more.
Yeah that's there but they can name it anything but the reward is on hitting a six for completing landmarks

Users who are viewing this thread