Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

....plus they serve complimentary hors d'oeuvres in that forum and we don't want any ol' dirty Xbox or PS3 folk messing up the white ware.

I disagree. A console player might see the downloads and be tempted into buying the PC version.

I think that someone who can prove they have a legit console version should be able to gain access to the downloads forum.

Not that simple I'm afraid. Not only is it impossible to verify that you own (and not rent) the console version in the first place, Someone could own a console version, but have a pirated copy of the PC version. Is it right that they could then access the downloads section? As for being able to see examples of the mods available, well there is the Mod Screenshot thread which viewable by anyone, and is plenty good enough to tempt people.

Not that simple I'm afraid. Not only is it impossible to verify that you own (and not rent) the console version in the first place, Someone could own a console version, but have a pirated copy of the PC version. Is it right that they could then access the downloads section? As for being able to see examples of the mods available, well there is the Mod Screenshot thread which viewable by anyone, and is plenty good enough to tempt people.

Not entirely, they can't access the Mod Downloads Thread unless if they send the correct information to Matt. Console users don't get access to that Thread (to my knowledge).

Today Jacques Kallis has announced his retirement from international cricket, and I would publicly like to thank him for his service to our great game and some fantastic performances over the years all over the world. We've lost some great cricketers to retirement in recent years but few if any have lit up the game with both bat and ball so splendidly. Thank you Mr Kallis, good luck to you in the future.

Not entirely, they can't access the Mod Downloads Thread unless if they send the correct information to Matt. Console users don't get access to that Thread (to my knowledge).

The mod downloads section and the mod screenshots thread are two separate things entirely. The latter is accessible to anyone, in fact it's even stickied in the DBC14 forum.

The mod downloads section and the mod screenshots thread are two separate things entirely. The latter is accessible to anyone, in fact it's even stickied in the DBC14 forum.
Think I misread your post :lol:facepalm

I like the idea of the Mod Screenshots threat... shows off all the stuff they can't get because of pirating... also shows off to the Xbox and PS guys.

I could easily verify my console purchase, annoyingly worth nothing though

There is no point in console players being able to access the downloads section. The downloads are of no use to them whatsoever and the mod screenshots thread already showcases most of what is available.

Also, and this is an observation from my experiences over multiple games and forums, PC gamers (the type that buy their games anyway) tend to be a much more mature bunch so I'm happy for that section to remain as it is.

I'm also not actually too keen on an introduction of mods to the console versions - on PC we already had the release delayed by a couple of months, having been the platform on which all of the teams/players were made on in the lead up in the CA Beta so that the console players could conveniently hit 'Get Best' on day 1. We'll probably get shafted like this again next time and the long term future of the PC version doesn't exactly seem concrete anyway. Anything that can convince people to go for the PC version instead is a good thing imo and exclusive mods could help. The PC version would obviously be the most extensively moddable and best looking version regardless of console modding options.

I've been up since 6am and travelled quite a bit today so sorry for my grumpiness, but there's probably some truth here despite the cynicism.

OK all - there maybe some repetition of others observations in here - for that i apologise - but here's my thoughts on the patched version of DBC

after shelling out for a new xbox 360 (my old one kept getting the save/freeze problem post patch 2) - i have finally been able to play the game long enuff to give an objective opinion

i really like the game - best i've played yet!

i have been playing t20 competitions against the ai on pro level

the graphics are cool, and i love the sound they've put on for a sweetly hit ball, and the cool nick of an edge sound too

really like the fact u can appeal - also think snicko and hot spot are fantastic

some issues i have with the game:

i haven't mastered spin yet - i don't like the bowling system 4 it - but that may come in time

the arm on the bowling "clocks" sometimes becomes a bit juddery - making it difficult to time - anyone else noticed this?

haven't caught one behind with a fielder yet - always caught by the keeper - is caught behind by fielder in the game?

i have never ran the ai out yet - is this in the game?

also quite often the fielder goes almost into slow motion as the ball approaches him

the big ant review system - ant vision - the red line occasionally becomes very thick and blurred

the commentators call the ireland team = dublin

have also experienced some dodgy umpiring decisions (but that probs makes the game realistic!!)

have to say tho - the game post patch 2 has got the balance of bowling and batting difficulty almost spot on

so all in all - i think the game is well on its way to becoming a highly polished cricket sim - and with a bit of luck - future patches/versions should iron out all the issues

so i give it a 7.5/10

D

Last edited:
I could easily verify my console purchase, annoyingly worth nothing though

Talk me through why you want to access a section that you have absolutely no use for? There's already a public thread where people are posting images of what is being made... so "just for a look" doesn't count. You knew when purchasing the PS3 (or XBOX) version that consoles do not support mods, so, genuine question... What's the big deal?

I'd be willing to contribute some mods (i'd posted some stuff in the screenshots thread while it was all in beta). Get a hang of what it all does incase the mods do come to console. As if the infrastructure was all there it'd make creating a console megapatch a whole lot easier.

I'm sure if console modding does become a thing in DBC then this site will adapt to accomodate for that, but it's not necessary right now as there is no console modding yet, nor any confirmation of it for patch 3.

...i would also add not having access to the mod forum doesn't stop you from making them.

Ouch!

N1ojEuE.png

Users who are viewing this thread