Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Well I am enjoying playing Don Bradman Cricket 14 on PC.. but sometimes commentary seems a bit confusing.. If I am in a run chase.. and close to the target and a wicket falls.. Commentator says " This is a collapse of epic proportions " and also sometimes the player who gets Run Out is not correct... If the throw goes to the striking end.. the non striking end player is given out.. even though the batsmen have crossed over and were close to reaching their crease..
I hope Big Ant Studios comes with an update soon...

Might be a console player - we've only had the two patches...

Which is more than a lot of PS3 sports games get!!!

Is there a way to update the game? I have steam loaded and I have updated it..
Steam should do it automatically. Go to the Options > Credits menu and check your version number.

Obviously Big Ant haven't done anything on the commentary front, but to say they aren't updating it, as someone playing on PC, is certainly not the case.

Steam should do it automatically. Go to the Options > Credits menu and check your version number.

Obviously Big Ant haven't done anything on the commentary front, but to say they aren't updating it, as someone playing on PC, is certainly not the case.
I checked my version. Its 1.09.. Is it the latest one?

Last edited:
Yes that's the latest I think.

I think it would be awesome, would give you access to the game any time and perhaps there's a little mini-game they could build for it to help you get more skill points.

Having all that graph shit on another device that you could access anytime during gameplay without having more messy HUD stuff makes, in my opinion, for better gameplay.

I would love to open an app at a mates place and show him my career stats on my phone...

...but that's because I'm an egotistical brag.

That's fair enough and I can understand that some people would like that, but I'm not a fan and wouldn't ever use it.

Like I say, that kind of stuff should just be there in the main game from the beginning. Have it as well as in the game, but never only outside of it.

There are a few wrong assumptions you are making...

1. You are assuming you can pick up a sports based video game and be expert in it just because you know the sport. It's not true at all. If Neymar or Messi play FIFA for the first time, I can assure you they will get their @$$es handed to them by a kid online who probably never played a game of footie in his life. Same will be true for Madden, MLB The Show etc.

2. You are assuming DBC 14 wouldn't have a steep learning curve. I have played nearly all prior cricket video games released on consoles, and have been a cricket fan all my life and yet it took me quite a while to get used to the game and it's controls. Yet I'm sure I will be well beaten if and when I venture online for my first few games. It will take you plenty of hours to get used to the game and generally online is for hardcore gamers where you are bound to come across against better players.

3. Another incorrect assumption on your part is that sports based video game is very similar to the actual game, which is never true for any sport. In FIFA folks sprint all over throughout and press all the time which would get the team to burn out by half time in real life but it pays off in the video game. In Madden people pass 90% of the time and barely run the ball. Similar strategy would result in the team throwing bunch of picks and be taken apart but it doesn't work that way in the video game. Similar concept works in cricket. In real life McGrathesque line & length would be unhittable but in a video game there's nothing worse than being predictable. You have to mix line, length, pace and throw bunch of slower balls else you will get killed. Unfortunately that's how online works and you can't expect a video game to be a life-like simulation of the real sport.
I have a question i own dbc 14 ps3 and i dont have full access of dbc forum specially downloads.. Why??

You can't use mods on the PS3 version, so you don't need to see the downloads forum.

I disagree. A console player might see the downloads and be tempted into buying the PC version.

I think that someone who can prove they have a legit console version should be able to gain access to the downloads forum.

Users who are viewing this thread