Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

To be fair I think Biggs' main issue is with the use of "broken" versus "needs improvement". I agree that "broken" implies unfit for sale and as such would be careful about using it.
Same for me as well....There is nothing like broken when there's scope of improvement or tweaking and when its playable...

To see what's broken actually is then have a look at this:

Now that's what broken is...

I would refrain from comparing anything with AC 13. Just because something is better than AC 13 doesn't mean it's great or it's not broken. Even if we compare Graham Gooch cricket from 20+ years ago to AC 13, GC Cricket will win with hands down but the game would still be unacceptable in today's day and age. Comparing stuff with AC 13 serves no purpose whatsoever, especially when folks like @Alberts or @Madman are providing constructive criticism about DBC 14 and would like nothing better than DBC franchise being a huge success. I'm sure Ross and Big Ant folks are smart enough to figure out which criticism is valid and who are making shit up just for the sake of it. Let's not sweep any criticism of DBC 14 under the carpet coz it's DBC 14.

DBC 14 is a pretty good game but has some issues such as playing shots along the ground, AI field settings, AI fielding & wkt keeping, edges system and AI match awareness. These need to be fixed at the earliest rather than saying everything's wonderful and it's not broken like AC 13 was.

Yeah, fearsome tweak him for enjoying the game, if only that Biggs **** could moan and bitch about stuff like everyone else as opposed to providing reasonable devils advocated perspectives...

What kind of asshole am I?

*cancels preorder*
Enjoy the game all you like, but your incessant excuses for things that the game clearly does poorly add nothing to any discussion here.

If you're trying to play devil's advocate then that's just another irritating and unfunny side of this 'funny guy' persona you employ.

You're right, I should be banned.

I would refrain from comparing anything with AC 13. Just because something is better than AC 13 doesn't mean it's great or it's not broken. Even if we compare Graham Gooch cricket from 20+ years ago to AC 13, GC Cricket will win with hands down but the game would still be unacceptable in today's day and age. Comparing stuff with AC 13 serves no purpose whatsoever, especially when folks like Alberts or Madman are providing constructive criticism about DBC 14 and would like nothing better than DBC franchise being a huge success. I'm sure Ross and Big Ant folks are smart enough to figure out which criticism is valid and who are making shit up just for the sake of it. Let's not sweep any criticism of DBC 14 under the carpet coz it's DBC 14.

DBC 14 is a pretty good game but has some issues such as playing shots along the ground, AI field settings, AI fielding & wkt keeping, edges system and AI match awareness. These need to be fixed at the earliest rather than saying everything's wonderful and it's not broken like AC 13 was.
I am 100% for constructive criticism for developing or leading the game to the right path with user inputs....I have posted many many posts on the issues I have faced in the game...I have not been silent on that but the word broken is not the term to be used as there is always a way in games like this to make them right....I have had occasions where I have nicked and thought was out but looking at the replay have seen that the WK turned and took it on the bounce ,these sure needs to be corrected...

But what I am trying to imply is there is a big difference in saying "You are not fit for this" and "You can improve in this area to become more eligible" ...I always like the positive approach in the stuffs that needs improvements or needs changing as well because its for the better....

Nothing in the game is 'game breaking' far from it. just a few small issues more than anything. Still a very enjoyable experience playing this game & it's far better than any cricket game of the past. It's their 1st attempt at a cricket game and to get so much right is really amazing tbh where so many before have gone so wrong. The problems in this game are very small and yes can be irritating but ultimately the game is still great.

...no no, it's fundamentally broken, you're being an apologist. The only reasonable response is to start posting internet memes or YouTube videos of 90s television characters with some dude going "...this guy be whack".

Also uninstall all patches that improve a variety of gameplay options so you can get back the one thing that wasn't fixed quite right.

That's what we do here.

That's how you get fixes made.

You're right, I should be banned.

You know what makes a good poster, a whinging little almighty tweaker who can't handle anything that isn't what they think at that particular time. Seriously, are you saying that fielding is "just about right", or even close enough to get away with? They fix it somewhat, but they fixed it from completely broken, still broken, but better than it was. The keeper just saunters about as though physics is his to play with. The fielders will still accelerate like missiles, and sometimes like they're stuck in an unnamed sticky fluid. Then there's the casual stroll they now do, which is nice when there's no free runs on offer, but surely they should react to such scenarios.

Calm down Biggs, others seem to "get it".

...I can, but it's broken when I do.

SteamID?

You need to keep the ball on the table, that fixes it

Where do I find that - from the torrent website i used? Explains the continual soggy baize..

Where do I find that - from the torrent website i used? Explains the continual soggy baize..

...I found a "Snooker Game" on "Steam" and I "used my steam id" to open it up and play it, but now it rains all the time and the keeper stops everything.

I'm going to PlanetSnooker.com* to complain about it and demand fixes in a petulant manner.

*domain registered, copyright Biggs

...I found a "Snooker Game" on "Steam" and I "used my steam id" to open it up and play it, but now it rains all the time and the keeper stops everything.

I'm going to PlanetSnooker.com* to complain about it and demand fixes in a petulant manner.

*domain registered, copyright Biggs

Just checked that domain, and didn't realise you speak fluent Chinese - impressive

It's not Chinese, it's broken English. Because, Biggs.

There is a status feed on Facebook from db14 saying an update will be available tomoro Aussie time. Does anyone know if this is patch 3 or just the bug fix for the save issue?

Users who are viewing this thread