Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

All previous cricket games have just had a set of fields and they would move through them during the game but only very roughly following what was actually happening.

In BA cricket are the AI fields just chosen from a set (but possibly a large one so it can be realistic) or does the AI move fielders individually? An example would be "he looks weak outside off but loves a hook so let's move cover to backward square leg and tempt the cover drive and also see if we can suck him into getting caught on the hook". It wouldn't necessarily have to be as intelligent as that, but it'd be nice if the fielders were moved individually and it weren't just everyone moving at once.

yeah, I know - All they give you is a different head - sometimes not even on a body!

They call us generic and they just have one "generic" player model - pretty freakin' cheeky right there!

Hahahaha i read the "generic" quote today. Had to back up and read the line again to understand what game he was talking about....his own or cricket 14 :p

And ross isn't mentioning much about the upcoming friday because he does not want a repeat of the last one. Basically trying to keep our expectations low and BOOM!

Last edited:
Ross will we see some videos and screenshots tomorow ad it is my birthday

Aug 4th is Ross's Bday and Happy bday t u too Reloaded :)

All previous cricket games have just had a set of fields and they would move through them during the game but only very roughly following what was actually happening.

In BA cricket are the AI fields just chosen from a set (but possibly a large one so it can be realistic) or does the AI move fielders individually? An example would be "he looks weak outside off but loves a hook so let's move cover to backward square leg and tempt the cover drive and also see if we can suck him into getting caught on the hook". It wouldn't necessarily have to be as intelligent as that, but it'd be nice if the fielders were moved individually and it weren't just everyone moving at once.

To me this is more important than career modes or licences and other cool stuff, if the ai learns as it plays us would be the icing on a already great cake. Still this is not a easy thing to get right, still I dream of a cricket game where the ai knows how I play and knows where not to bowl there as much.

----------

Aug 4th is Ross's Bday and Happy bday t u too Reloaded :)

How do you know ross birthday. PS Is he as old as he says he is mate.:D

Hahahaha i read the "generic" quote today. Had to back up and read the line again to understand what game he was talking about....his own or cricket 14 :p

And ross isn't mentioning much about the upcoming friday because he does not want a repeat of the last one. Basically trying to keep our expectations low and BOOM!

If I had the Ashes license I guarantee I would make every player different and recognisable, not the same sized bow legged GENERIC zombies that have been offered up so far!

I like zombies in games ross. PS Ross runs away to create new cheat code.:thumbs

You'll have fun with Ashes then... that's the one thing that isn't waiting on the DLC :yes

@Ross
I asked this question earlier. How hopeful/confident are you still of getting go ahead from the Publishers for tomorrow?

How do you know ross birthday. PS Is he as old as he says he is mate.:D

lmao..i know it somehow mate..:yes No he isnt...man that guy is mad smart so you never know :P

I 99% expect it tomorrow. When I know 100% I will let you know.

Ross your just basing your decision to release information on how the Aussies go tonight arent you.....if thats the case we could be waiting for boxing day for more info :p I really do hope we show some fight in this test though!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread