Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For the console versions of the game there is no other way than to upload to the server and then download to the console.

bumbisoft

International Coach
The cricket academy in one word is simply great...but i'm hardly creating anything on it now....

It's possibly because i can't use my created stuff till the game comes out.....or I am a bit lazy when it comes to it since everyone else is busy with their creations..

One question though, since the game will come with the final version of cricket academy, then how will we transfer our created stuff to the game directly without uploading it on big ant servers?

Also for pc, is there a way to copy creations of my friend to my computer and use it in my installed game without having to go online, maybe by copying a file to the installion folder of my game??

You'll have to go online download your own creations
I think

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes that i guessed.....but what about pc??

There is no other way than to upload to the server and then download to the console.

I think that does answer your question. All the player-creation in the CA Beta is done via the server. If your friend wants players on his PC, he needs to find an internet connection... maybe borrowing the one you use perhaps?

I don't think BigAnt need to solve a problem for an online feature like the academy by providing an offline solution. I imagine that's something, if there's a demand for it... that the mod community here will solve in due course.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think BigAnt need to solve a problem for an online feature like the academy by providing an offline solution. I imagine that's something, if there's a demand for it... that the mod community here will solve in due course.
It's my intention that if the need for online verification for the Cricket Academy is part of the anti-piracy strategy for DBC, then sharing of 'offline' rosters won't be allowed on the forums.

You don't need a good internet connection - just some. If you can achieve that to go on a website to download players, you can hook your console or gaming PC up.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...and that I totally agree with. There's really no excuse to not have internet today either way, most games have an online function, if you're buying a game you're going to WANT to get the free updates and any potential DLC anyway (for PC or MAC). Plus, as you say, if it's part of a way of assessing whether or not you have a legit copy by getting access to the Academy Server, then yeah... it's a perfect solution. That and the controller...

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
I think that does answer your question. All the player-creation in the CA Beta is done via the server. If your friend wants players on his PC, he needs to find an internet connection... maybe borrowing the one you use perhaps?

what about tournaments/tours and matches? Can these be shared through BA server?

Still I think sharing locally should be there....It means that I don't have to upload everything that I create today on the servers just so that I can download it for use when the game arrives....

I am thinking on the lines of saved games files on pc.....if my friend doesn't want to re play a game from beginning, then if possible I give a copy of my saved game file which he can use in the game on his system...

Also I think that not able to play online is more than enough restriction for a pirated copy......

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
From what you're typing, it sounds like you haven't even downloaded the CA Beta? All those questions are answered by downloading it and finding out.

Why would your "friend" not want to play the Career mode from the beginning? If he owns the game, or borrowing it from you on his PC - why would he want to NOT play what might be the best bit? It makes no sense. It actually sounds really fishy...

The whole idea of creating it now is so you AND OTHERS can download all the created players, that's the whole idea of getting the beta early! Why would you NOT want to do that?!

...and no, whatever we can do that doesn't inhibit the game play for people who PAY for the game, should be done to stop people stealing it. If that means you have to connect to the net to download players, so be it. I'm all for that kinda non-invasive DRM.

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
From what you're typing, it sounds like you haven't even downloaded the CA Beta? All those questions are answered by downloading it and finding out.

Why would your "friend" not want to play the Career mode from the beginning? If he owns the game, or borrowing it from you on his PC - why would he want to NOT play what might be the best bit? It makes no sense. It actually sounds really fishy...

The whole idea of creating it now is so you AND OTHERS can download all the created players, that's the whole idea of getting the beta early! Why would you NOT want to do that?!

...and no, whatever we can do that doesn't inhibit the game play for people who PAY for the game, should be done to stop people stealing it. If that means you have to connect to the net to download players, so be it. I'm all for that kinda non-invasive DRM.

No i didn't mean copy save files of this game.....i mean just like you can share saved games across systems, we maybe can share cricket academy stuff across different computers by copying some files from one system to another.....

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...Which you can do, via the internet. I still don't see what your point is?

There's no need to grab a 10 inch floppy when you have the tubes to connect to... It's the future, Marty.

Saved games would only be the arcade matches, and I don't see why you want to share a game when you could just set it up yourself and play it? It's not like you'll ever get "stuck on level three" or something in a sports title.

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
Hey Ross, if you have planned any surprises for us (videos) this friday, Can you please show us some fieldings like run-outs or boundary saves or catches etc;

----------

...Which you can do, via the internet. I still don't see what your point is?

There's no need to grab a 10 inch floppy when you have the tubes to connect to... It's the future, Marty.

Saved games would only be the arcade matches, and I don't see why you want to share a game when you could just set it up yourself and play it? It's not like you'll ever get "stuck on level three" or something in a sports title.

The point being keeping it local.....some of the stuff you have created, you may not want to share over the net for whatever reason but may share it with someone locally..

Btw I have downloaded the beta, but yeah I haven't used it enough.....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
but sharing it on the server has no downside, only an upside that it can be shared across platforms (e.g. from PC to xbox) easily.

the local sharing has no advantage over the sharing server

Users who are viewing this thread