Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

off topic:
barmy what was the occasion on the 25th of april 2013 when the site had maximum no.of hits.are they views or diffferent people coz 16000 is a ridiculously high number ..ne 1?

off topic:
barmy what was the occasion on the 25th of april 2013 when the site had maximum no.of hits.are they views or diffferent people coz 16000 is a ridiculously high number ..ne 1?

last time ashes 13 gave out any information?

I was voted president of everything, numbers went through the roof...

As Ross is waiting for AC** to release something before he announces any big news, is it not possible to announce the commentary team for this game. We already know David Lloyd Michael slater and mark Nicholas are doin AC** so what would be the reason to not disclose DB's commentary line up. Personally I'm gutted "bumble" is taken already, would like a mixture of the sky sports/channel nine team possibly wiv an Indian or South African thrown in. Lawry, Botham, Holding, Pollock and Shastri!!! I think that would prolly cost too much.

I think there's a good chance they will be Australian-based talent, so limit your speculation to that area of the world. My money is on a Michael Slater, Bill Lawry type...

I think there's a good chance they will be Australian-based talent, so limit your speculation to that area of the world
So much so that I wouldn't be shocked by someone like James Brayshaw doing the commentary. Mark Waugh perhaps?

Mark Waugh perhaps?

Totally, or Gilchrist. Maybe even someone like Brad Hodge who is Vic based? Who else is easily accessible in Melbourne these days and good with the microphone?

doesn't fit with the "aus talent" of course, but i would absolutely love michael holding to be on the commentary. from aus i'd like bill lawry or jeff thomson.

navjot sidhu would be a good alternative with bumble already taken.

and benaud of course would just be the nuts.

for a real blast from the past how about AR Lewis and Jack Bannister?

Continuing with the discussion, I guess it won't be a bad option to have some sub-continent commentators on the board. I guess, they will be comparatively easier to get (and cost-effective too - no offence). But more importantly, it'll add another dimension to the game.

On the other hand, I think more than 'who are the commentators', it is of greater significance to add more permutations and combinations to have a dynamic commentary option. For example, if they have teamed up Ravi Shastri and Rameez Raja, and Jeff & Lawry, I guess it would be a good option to mix the teams a bit, e.g. Rameez Raja & Jeff. This will add another variety. In addition to that, changing commentators (and the combination of it) mid-games will also be important to keep the whole process fresh.

i read somewhere (totally forget where, but i think here in the "things we know" thread...) that BA are going for as close as possible to a broadcast feel, so i am hopeful that means several commentators that switch in/out over the course of the day... though that might be prohibitively expensive so i'm not "expecting" it, just "hoping".

Users who are viewing this thread