Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

While you're here Ross...any chance of getting an ETA on the skills/attributes stuff or is bug testing CA still priority at the moment?

The testing of the server / bugs is the most important thing right now. There were a few found this morning by Blocker / Israr that we need to take very seriously.

The testing of the server / bugs is the most important thing right now. There were a few found this morning by Blocker / Israr that we need to take very seriously.

you mean if i had kept my mouth shut i'd have got the skills? damn!

only kidding... i am happy to be patient for as long as you don't say hang in there :)

only kidding... i am happy to be patient for as long as you don't say hang in there
I have to be careful when writing up the Facebook/Twitter news posts, I'm always tempted to drop in a 'stay tuned'. It's okay when it's ironic right?

Yep, hang in there, shortly, open and honest, etc.. send a shudder whenever I see them anywhere in any context.

As far as we're concerned we should be beta testing every cricket game...

Agreed with this, would also suggest it's an open-beta as well. The DBC14 Academy Beta I would say is proof that concept works, lots of changes suggested by this forum in threads, bugs found and most importantly bats added...

Spot on. I have seen several people saying they want both games to succeed, to encourage more people into the market...

Double edged sword. Yes, ideally both games should be a success if they're BOTH made with the same intent to be good games. We're in a situation where there is some real passion behind a project as well as respect and value in this communities help with it. The other started off with lots of genuine goodwill and community interaction, lots of interesting discussions on what may or might not make the game and reasons why... then everything fell apart. So you have to look at the bigger picture and what we're encouraging by supporting "both" games.

Double edged sword. Yes, ideally both games should be a success if they're BOTH made with the same intent to be good games. We're in a situation where there is some real passion behind a project as well as respect and value in this communities help with it. The other started off with lots of genuine goodwill and community interaction, lots of interesting discussions on what may or might not make the game and reasons why... then everything fell apart. So you have to look at the bigger picture and what we're encouraging by supporting "both" games.

if AC13 had released in June/July, or even still in Nov with continued engagement, I would agree... I wasn't around at the time but I have read a lot of what went before and you're right, even when stuff wasn't included reasons were given and it was a lot more nuanced than "we don't care, this is a cash grab", but the interaction in recent months has been dishonest, and treating (passionate) customers, people who would have supported the game "warts and all", with utter contempt. they deserve no encouragement, and no future entrant to the market should be encouraged to think this is a method that will succeed. nobody who cares about quality cricket games, who cares about producer/consumer engagement, should buy this game. if they do, they can expect no better in future.

System requirements

Guys.... any idea what should i do to run my cricket 14 or cricket academy at medium to high settings? My specs are:
Intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0 ghz
Intel q45/q43 express chipset (759 mb onboard graphics)
300 gb hdd
pixel shader 4.0
2 gb of ram
Windows 7 64-bit.

I only want upgradation in the graphics card area and as mentioned i dont want to max it on 1080p maybe 480p (med to high or maybe med) and it should be cheap upgradation under 30 dollars. Wouldn't mind if the card is used or new.. THANKS IN ADVANCE

^ Spamming the same question in two different threads won't do you any good.

Agreed with this, would also suggest it's an open-beta as well. The DBC14 Academy Beta I would say is proof that concept works, lots of changes suggested by this forum in threads, bugs found and most importantly bats added...
ross!! this biggs bat is the worst bug i have seen in CA...plz remove it asap and add a new bat named DIS IS RULZ :D

Ross, what is the plan in these three weeks between now and the play session (other than release date or announcements)? Talking strictly in regards to the online community. You are gonna be dropping any bombs??

Edit: off topic...good to see legend_master snooping around this forum :)

Last edited:
Ross, what is the plan in these three weeks between now and the play session (other than release date or announcements)? Talking strictly in regards to the online community. You are gonna be dropping any bombs??

Edit: off topic...good to see legend_master snooping around this forum :)

Trying to just keep up with everything right now, I can't forecast much more than a few days out at the moment, I've got nothing BIG planned but that doesn't mean that nothing big will happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread