Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If trailer is coming today as Ross said then there will be a release date with it.
2 possibilities
- XX-12-13 [BTW 11-12-13 sounds great]:yes
-Early 2014:noway

I think I was wrong about trailer release date.:(
There is a great chance of 2nd possibility.:noway

Guys may be for christmas they'll release..... there is huge possibility since people there gifts game CD's to their sons :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

so, I have sort of began to follow this in the last week, mainly wondering if it's worth over-looking my yearly dose of running around assassinating people with a hidden blade (any details of a hidden blade in DB14?) at christmas for a cricket game.

I'm guessing my "wtf, they're releasing it before christmas but haven't got a release date?" reaction has been covered once or twice in the last 400 pages.

I'm guessing my "wtf, they're releasing it before christmas but haven't got a release date?" reaction has been covered once or twice in the last 400 pages.

I think that's the general consensus at the moment, haha! Personally I think it would be absurd to delay beyond Christmas at this point, but it does seem odd to not have a date announced, but something to do with not wanting the announcement to be associated with the Ashes debacle this week I guess. To miss out on the Christmas market during an Ashes series for the more casual gamers would be an odd choice I think though.

In my personal opinion, a lot of the general public, or at least the one that I hang with, have no idea AC13 even existed. They don't know DBC14 exists either, but that's a different matter altogether. The point I'm trying to make is that the debacle that was AC13 hasn't affected at least 50% of the target market, or something like that. I am pulling this out of my arse, but it must be somewhat accurate...?

Ashes 2013 has had more press in 48 hours than any video game released in my living memory.

I cannot think if any video game that has ever had a front page of a News Corp owned metropolitan newspaper.

Couldnt you take advantage of that though? Would it not be good publicity to have the media say but hey DBC14 looks great, plus wouldnt it make DBC14 look so much better when theres something shit to compare it to?

My opinion, could be wrong...please dont kill me haha :p

Last edited:
All i want to say take your time.cricket is much more difficult to simulate than other games.please add option to add commentary.thnx

Have an inbox full of enquiries as to whether the video released last night is if the game featured on the BBC.

This is being asked by people in the business, imagine what the public would think. I do not have the budget to educate the masses.

I am seeking professional advice on the time to release.

----------

And the press are still using our screenshots as if the are from Ashes.

I think, purely from the standpoint of selling/attracting the average person, the release should be delayed to January or even February 2014. I'd even consider March.

There is too much negativity from the whole Ashes debacle. You have to treat the people who constitute the masses, as moronic. The reason being, that the average person has the attention span of an ant -- that is, to things that they don't know/care about. And as far as I see things, in the eyes of the average consumer, DBC14 is AC2013.

Unfortunate, but I would not be shocked to see this delayed to January - personally, I would consider moving to February.

Users who are viewing this thread