Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe thats because those games actually have licenses...c'mon

As I said "that's just me". I couldn't give a quid who is on the cover or what player name is interwoven into the actual name of the game. If the game is good, it's good.

I understand that having a certain license or name is guaranteed a certain number of sales but if the game is top notch I think it will sell regardless.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
The Pro camera is just plain awesome.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to use anything other than the pro camera. It rocks my world.

With the invisible batter enabled it feels like you can watch the ball onto the bat right under your nose when driving - especially driving straight - and for me this really captures the essence of one of the greatest joys of the game.

D

Deleted member 9102

I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to use anything other than the pro camera. It rocks my world.

With the invisible batter enabled it feels like you can watch the ball onto the bat right under your nose when driving - especially driving straight - and for me this really captures the essence of one of the greatest joys of the game.
I tried the Pro camera a couple of days ago with transparency on and I agree, it was brilliant! :)

The only problem is that I have to play on the lowest settings and lowest resolution to get a decent framerate and prevent my laptop from overheating, so the graphics look crappy.

I'm building a new PC though within the next few weeks which will allow me to play all the latest games on Ultra at 1080p, so I imagine that DBC will look pretty tasty with that setup, especially in Pro cam :).

StuffedShoulder

School Cricketer
If only SDB was still with us to shoot a promo TV advertisement for DBC14.

He could be practicing to hit a golf ball up against his backyard water tank with a PS3 or Xbox controller in his hand.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
who holds the cricket names licences

In Australia it's the Australian Cricketers' Association. Other countries would have similar bodies that would hold the licenses.

----------

I managed to have a game of NBA 2k14 the other day. How is it that a big profile game like that still has simplistic button pressing for shooting.. and it's all down to timing? I was able, within minutes, shoot 3 pointers with a 'A+' accuracy with any player on the court. Just shows how much Big Ant get it with the controller scheme.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I managed to have a game of NBA 2k14 the other day. How is it that a big profile game like that still has simplistic button pressing for shooting.. and it's all down to timing? I was able, within minutes, shoot 3 pointers with a 'A+' accuracy with any player on the court. Just shows how much Big Ant get it with the controller scheme.

Because it works, and the alternate (the failed NBA Elite 11 game) doesn't

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
NBA 2K14 can also be stick controlled for complete control.

My point was that the controls are too easy to master.. after a few games my and my opponent were just draining 3's one after the other. It was only due to a few errors on his part and then getting frustrated and making more errors that allowed me, the rookie, to beat him by about 20 points. The stick control in DBC is by far and aware more technical, yet still easy to pick up and play, and feels so much better when you hit the shot intended.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I can guarantee you were playing on the default settings. In which case, yes, it is extremely easy.

Once you bump up the difficulty or change to Simulation sliders, that isn't the case

ElPrez

School Cricketer
My point was that the controls are too easy to master.. after a few games my and my opponent were just draining 3's one after the other. It was only due to a few errors on his part and then getting frustrated and making more errors that allowed me, the rookie, to beat him by about 20 points. The stick control in DBC is by far and aware more technical, yet still easy to pick up and play, and feels so much better when you hit the shot intended.

If you beat him by about 20 points then he probably wasnt very good at the game and had it on the lowest difficulty which is why you were hitting all those shota with ease. And if you actually take time to look at the the control list you will realize its not just a few buttons its actually quite complex. But what would I know, Ive only been playing the games since 2k5. Someone who played it once on easy obviously has the upper hand here.

Users who are viewing this thread