Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone confirm for me if umpires ignore your appeals after a certain number of appeals? I played last night and the AI batsmen kept missing the ball and getting hit on the pad right in front of the wickets....and the umpires kept ignoring me even though they were pretty plum (plum? plumb?) in front. I'm sure I read somewhere this was implemented (offhand comment by @Ross or something).

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Yes they do tend to get irritated if you appeal too much. That puts them off.

angad

Chairman of Consent
^ Yes they do tend to get irritated if you appeal too much. That puts them off.

+1

I played an online match where the opponent kept on appealing for everything. Everytime it hit my pad he would go up. Good thing for me was that he had used up his review as well, so after a few appeals, the umpire gave not out for everything :yes (only for LBWs though. Caught behinds are still given by the umpire. That should change as well for people abusing the appeal button). I had atleast 6-7 plumb lbws that the umpire gave as not out....that brought back the smile on my face :D

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
I am getting extremely bored now with career as a fast bowler. The only way to get consistent wickets is if the AI batsman decide to slog and get caught. This happens a lot on t20 but not often in shield games.

Edges, lbw, etc. are just too few against good balls.

The mechanics for fast bowling are good but the AI batsman ruin the whole experience IMO. They just don't play fast bowling as you'd expect.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am getting extremely bored now with career as a fast bowler. The only way to get consistent wickets is if the AI batsman decide to slog and get caught. This happens a lot on t20 but not often in shield games.

The mechanics for fast bowling are good but the AI batsman ruin the whole experience IMO. They just don't play fast bowling as you'd expect.

The mechanics are good but unless you play on a hard pitch there is no point in bowling any other ball but a full pitched one. Bouncers always seem to be cracked to the boundary on a normal pitch, because they just don't provide the pace and bounce that makes short bowling worthwhile. Add that to the fact the your bowler loses pace so quickly and it does become a little boring.
Fast bowlers in real life don't tend to lose pace over a short spell. They actually build pace for a few overs and then get replaced after 4 or 5.
When they return for another spell they are normally still fresh and bowl at their full pace. As long as you look after your top pace men, they shouldnt lose much, if any pace.

The_Pharoah

International Coach

nah mate....spinning is where its at. So far I've taken about 25 wickets @ 8. yep, 8. the AI batsmen can't seem to handle line/length bowling. My understanding is that this is being fixed in the next patch?

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
nah mate....spinning is where its at. So far I've taken about 25 wickets @ 8. yep, 8. the AI batsmen can't seem to handle line/length bowling. My understanding is that this is being fixed in the next patch?

I don't get this on Legend difficulty.. I average about 5 runs an over and maybe 3 wickets for 20 overs in a 4 day match with my first year AR batsman spinner, mostly bowling line/length.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Also to note, I don't do my own field set ups when I'm spin bowling.. I did when I was playing as a fast bowler, but was taking too many wickets from catches at mid on and mid off. Unfortunately now, I get punished badly even on what I find is good balls. When I'm playing as a fast bowler, I always get punished when I go too far down leg side (pretty much just missing leg it'd go for 4).

The_Pharoah

International Coach
whats the deal with getting a negative point for drift or leg break or flight if I bowl leg side...and the ball misses the stumps by a bees' dick?? Surely consistent bowling down legside or really big wides would result in that not something that misses leg stump by an inch.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
I guess it's to represent the feeling you get for giving up a run.. regardless if it's a huge wide (which could be further punished for byes.. happened to me as a fast bowler once.. really wide, really bad bounce), or a hairs width wide, it's still a run to the bowling side and another delivery you have to take. I see your point, but you don't really loose THAT many points in a game (unless you really are a bad bowler). I bowl one wide in about 20 overs on average (at least that don't get punished by the batsman as well).

Users who are viewing this thread