Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I bowl quite a few wides with my wrist spinner. Can never figure it out, as these wides are usually on the grass. My bowling pattern after each over usually has 5 grouped dots (line/length) and one to the far right/left or sometimes 2 - I tend to bowl the same ball, same action over and over with just variations in speed/length/etc.

Got the 'whaddaboutme?' 'bug' (I just coined it) ie. Qld v Vic 4 day match - first innings I took 7-24 and they're all out for 125 or something....2nd innings they bat and bat and bat and I don't get an over until its 9-350something - suddenly its like 12 runs to win. WTF?? needless to say I take Bollingers' legstump but still.

I bowl quite a few wides with my wrist spinner. Can never figure it out, as these wides are usually on the grass. My bowling pattern after each over usually has 5 grouped dots (line/length) and one to the far right/left or sometimes 2 - I tend to bowl the same ball, same action over and over with just variations in speed/length/etc.

Got the 'whaddaboutme?' 'bug' (I just coined it) ie. Qld v Vic 4 day match - first innings I took 7-24 and they're all out for 125 or something....2nd innings they bat and bat and bat and I don't get an over until its 9-350something - suddenly its like 12 runs to win. WTF?? needless to say I take Bollingers' legstump but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
pc date

any news abt pc ??? release date or something ?
n is it true no world cup in career mode??

Yes, thats really annoying that there are no tournaments in Career Mode. It would just make the Career mode so much more better. I mean we will make it to international level, but their is no feeling of achievement after you have made it to the international level. Sure I get to captain my side that's great, but I actually want to Win the most important tournament in Cricket, or I want to take my team and make it #1 on the rankings.

Obviously it is a first iteration and things can only get better from here, but I am kind of surprised they missed such a key concept. They need to look at how Fifa does their Career Mode and get some tips from them.

This is something that can't be patched in obviously so it's a little annoying that we have to wait for the next DBC.

Big Ant have made a great game no doubt but there are some features missing which really might hurt the longevity of the game.

A T20 champions league would be my ideal career mode competition. Would be an opportunity to play against the best in the world despite not having made it to the international level.

You 2 are totally correct, Im both dissapointed (for the 1st time in regards to this game) about no World Cups or test rankings, yet im excited about what the next installment could bring!!

A Champions league would be phenominal as well

Im still looking forward to playing my first IPL game which will come this season

still Im determined to at least finish 1 20 year career

I can imagine that in year 17 or something, sheffield shield and county games will be come extremely boring....

but no games are perfect, for me, this is as close as a perfect game i have experienced yet

only an AFL career mode done properly would beat what Big Ant have produced here

and no doubt DBC15,16,17 will contain so much more..... hopefully.... if profits allow no doubt

You 2 are totally correct, Im both dissapointed (for the 1st time in regards to this game) about no World Cups or test rankings, yet im excited about what the next installment could bring!!

A Champions league would be phenominal as well

Im still looking forward to playing my first IPL game which will come this season

still Im determined to at least finish 1 20 year career

I can imagine that in year 17 or something, sheffield shield and county games will be come extremely boring....

but no games are perfect, for me, this is as close as a perfect game i have experienced yet

only an AFL career mode done properly would beat what Big Ant have produced here

and no doubt DBC15,16,17 will contain so much more..... hopefully.... if profits allow no doubt

One way to handle it is that as you become a regular member of your national side, the no. of domestic or non-intl games you play reduces. Maybe you can play a couple of games as the season kicks off and then it's all intl cricket, IPL, BBL etc.

Maybe another option is that the career player is given an option whether he wants to play the complete schedule or maybe focus on intl cricket. This will make the 20 year career manageable.

not gonna "name and shame" as i have already forwarded the message to @MattW and @barmyarmy, but somebody actually private messaged me asking for the download link for DBC... WTF... WT-ACTUAL-F???!!

moron

I'm majorly frustrated with the game right now. I love it...and will continue to love it but the AI for the batting team in career mode is just so out of whack. I'm in my second year as a batsman and playing for Yorkshire. I've really found my feet and have made a few 50s and 100s at the beginning of the season...that's all good...I enjoyed having to toil for a season and battle to make runs. No problems there. The game I'm playing at the moment I'm playing Worcestershire in the County Championship. Simmed to career player and found myself 553 runs behind after Moeen Ali scored 243...still no problems there. I was actually excited at having to drop anchor and produce a real long innings to even get parity with their score...but my batting partners are going insane...every single one of them is just slogging with wild abandon and dropping like flies. We're 5 down for 76...and Andrew Hodd has just tried to smash his first ball over cover for 6...despite there being a man there. It's just really annoying and ideally there would be some to influence the tempo of the innings. Ok rant over :) I'll get back to my personal rearguard action now.

i have to say my experience of the ai batting in terms of my partners in career mode isn't too bad...

You're right on the whole it is ok. I just find that when it goes downhill it is a real rapid decline and one batsman after another gets out needlessly by smashing the ball in the air. I should have specified in my post that it's not all the time. I wouldn't have been able to make hundreds if it was. When you're 469 runs behind you tend to get a bit antsy!

Edit: It's ok now...I've dug in for 58 off 94 balls and Andrew Hodd is currently 13 not off 34 balls. This is more like it! :)

Last edited:
yeah there isn't a lot of consistency with the AI batting...at times its great, at times its hopeless. Watching them get bowled by a straight ball that does nothing is always a comfort. I think part of it is the bad AI fields eg. you'll face a proper field setting whilst your partner will then face 5 slips and two silly mid ons/offs leaving lots of huge gaps. They start smashing the ball all over the place racking up a score, and maybe continue that when the field eventually resets.

Having said that, I joined Ian Bell at the crease (opening for Warwickshire) facing 450 runs to win on Session 3/Day 3 and all he did was block and pick up 1s and 2s. We scored about 30 runs in 10 overs ie. we were batting for a draw. That surprised me. Unfortunately after I went out, every other batsman went out for single figures. Not sure if that was AI logic (to bat for a draw) but was very pleasing/surprising.

ive seen them lose their marbles and ive also seen them hold it down at one end for a 100 partnership. IMO in career the trick is to hog the strike. unless you really require the runs the AI scores, give them singles only. minimise their time at strikers end to stuff up, maximise your time to career boost skills

Users who are viewing this thread