Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

In the plane? More fun with more than one but I'm travelling alone :(

Wifi's intermittent but still amazed to stay connected in flight.... If I spot MH I'll send a pic

On my way to E3, if there's anything anyone is particularly interested in hearing about about let me know.

I would be interested in the following three items...

1. Sony/PS4's cloud gaming service roadmap with respect to Gaikai and whether we will be able to play any ps3 game on ps4 in the future

2. Sony's virtual reality plans and project morpheus. How far is it from a commercial launch?

3. When are Sony planning to add support for 3D playback, DLNA & media server on PS4?

Last edited:
Best player = Opening batsman is very wrong.

Well it used to be the case if you think about the fact that Trumper, Grace, Hobbs ect. were openers, but I'm pretty sure the idea changed in the early twenties when Sutcliffe started playing the role as a more defensive defensive batsman, although it has now occurred to me that no-one will be playing their careers in a pre world war one era so I'll scamper back to my chamber.

Well it used to be the case if you think about the fact that Trumper, Grace, Hobbs ect. were openers, but I'm pretty sure the idea changed in the early twenties when Sutcliffe started playing the role as a more defensive defensive batsman, although it has now occurred to me that no-one but me will be playing their careers in a pre world war one era so I'll scamper back to my chamber.

fify

I would be interested in the following three items...

1. Sony/PS4's cloud gaming service roadmap with respect to Gaikai and whether we will be able to play any ps3 game on ps4 in the future

2. Sony's virtual reality plans and project morpheus. How far is it from a commercial launch?

3. When are Sony planning to add support for 3D playback, DLNA & media server on PS4?

Been doing a bit regarding 2) will report what I can.

There's a ps4 dev con after e3, I'll ask the questions 1&3 for you there.

----------

Going out of wifi coverage - see ya tomorrow.

Bringing keeper to the stumps is very necessary, many times the ball doesn't carry to the keeper, specially when you bowling medium pace. So if we could control that it would be useful. :yes

On my way to E3, if there's anything anyone is particularly interested in hearing about about let me know.

Just if you get the chance, but am curious if there really is a Rugby game in development from Big Ben Interactive and HB Studios, not that they'd necessarily show it there. :)

Also, just to anyone else in general, I had a somewhat interesting finish to a competition in Don Bradman Cricket on Friday night. It was a 10 over round-robin (with a final) competition with four other friends using New Zealand domestic sides. I'd made the final with my other friend Andy after beating him in the last round of the comp fairly easily. The final was at his home ground and I batted first getting 73 all out in 9.5 overs.

Bowling to him second, he was smashing it around and at nearly 35/1 after the 3 overs, with the fielding restrictions then coming off. I managed to get a couple more wickets, but the runs were steadily mounting. With two overs to go, he was at 68/5. It should've been a formality for him. The second to last over he got only 4 runs off and lost one wicket, so 72/6.

I then managed to find a delivery he really didn't like and managed to restrict him for the first 2 deliveries, then I got a wicket when he lashed out on the third. After that he somehow managed to play the next two deliveries to fielders who I got to throw it back in quick. He was really panicking with the last ball and tried to run a single off it, but pushed circle, then turned back and then tried for the run again, getting run out.

I'd won from a ridiculous position and needless to say bowling 8 consecutive dot balls to win was the last thing I thought would happen. The game itself played fine, it was all down to player choices and made for the most exciting one run win I've ever had in any cricket game. Could not love this game any more.

Last edited:
Bringing keeper to the stumps is very necessary, many times the ball doesn't carry to the keeper, specially when you bowling medium pace. So if we could control that it would be useful. :yes

It has been taken care of in Patch#2 [Ball carrying to keeper]...But I would also like the option of bringing keeper up to the stumps as that would create opportunities and restrict the batsman as well to stay within the crease..:)

@C A Iversen don't expect I'll see one there, not much interest in the US for rugby, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for sure.

I'd say with the timeline given of a release of not too much later this year they'd have to just about have it wrapped up now.

It has been taken care of in Patch#2 [Ball carrying to keeper]...But I would also like the option of bringing keeper up to the stumps as that would create opportunities and restrict the batsman as well to stay within the crease..:)

I know but specially for atleast medium
pacers keeper should come in front the stumps when we want you know. It would have been really helpful.

ust if you get the chance, but am curious if there really is a Rugby game in development from Big Ben Interactive and HB Studios, not that they'd necessarily show it there.

Eurogamer Expo is in September at Earl's Court, they are probably more likely to showcase a Rugby game (they did the last time I was there at any rate). I know some of the people going so I'll ask them to have a nosy round, unless of course there has been an official announce in the 3 months in between ;)

I don't think keeper should be brought up to stumps against pacers as it will lead to more exploits. It will take out late cut and glide to 3rd man out of the game as keeper will catch most of thise shots. Let it remain as it is with keeper up against spinners and back against pacers, including medium pacers.

I don't think keeper should be brought up to stumps against pacers as it will lead to more exploits. It will take out late cut and glide to 3rd man out of the game as keeper will catch most of thise shots. Let it remain as it is with keeper up against spinners and back against pacers, including medium pacers.

Yeah it would fine as now the ball will carry to the keeper after Patch#2..

Users who are viewing this thread