Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What is the rule in cricket for if the ball bounces on the boundary rope and rebounds back? Is that 4 or 6? Just happened in the game and I got 6 :p

AFAIK the ball has to land beyond the rope to be a 6. If it hits the rope and goes back in play, it would be a 4.

EDIT

Second thoughts. Its a six. Brb checking the rule book.

Somewhat vague, but interpret it as you will. My mind says it's the umpire's call. My logic is that if it bounces first time on the rope and crosses out of the field of play, it's a 6. If it bounces on the rope and stays within the field its a 4. There doesnt' seem to be any specific allowances in the rules.

http://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-19-boundaries/

5. Runs allowed for boundaries

(a) Before the toss the umpires shall agree with both captains the runs to be allowed for boundaries. In deciding the allowances the umpires and captains shall be guided by the prevailing custom of the ground.

(b) Unless agreed differently under (a) above, the allowances for boundaries shall be 6 runs if the ball having been struck by the bat pitches beyond the boundary, but otherwise 4 runs. These shall be described as a Boundary 6 and a Boundary 4 respectively, although the number of runs awarded may not be 6 or 4 if other allowances have been agreed under (a) above.

These allowances shall still apply even though the ball has previously touched a fielder. See also (c) below.

(c) A Boundary 6 will be scored if and only if the ball has been struck by the bat and pitches beyond the boundary. The ball is to be regarded as pitching beyond the boundary even though before it has pitched, a fielder

(i) catches it within the boundary but either has some part of his person touching the boundary or grounded beyond the boundary when he catches the ball or, after catching it, subsequently touches the boundary or grounds some part of his person beyond the boundary while carrying the ball but before completing the catch.

Last edited:
cricket trivia : prior to 1910 you only got 6 if it went out of the ground.

Holy shit, so does that mean if the ball went inside the pavilion door, it would have been 4 even though the batsmen could easily run 6 in the time it took to retrieve the ball?

Hell, yeah I can see why they made that change :yes

I'm not sure of the specifics but it means Gilbert Jessop's scoring rate was insane.

Hey guys. Am new on the forum. Bought the game the other day and its brilliant. Best game of cricket since Shane Warne Cricket IMHO :)

Gave it a go last night, and the only "weird" thing that happened was an incorrect review. Original decision was given not out but I thought I heard a nick, went ahead and reviewed and sure enough snicko and hot spot proved me right but the decision wasnt overturned. :noway Finally get what the BCCI thinks re reviews ;)

Anyway great work making the game and keep it going guys Big Ant :)

Last edited:
Hey guys. Am new on the forum. Bought the game the other day and its brilliant. Best game of cricket since Shane Warne Cricket IMHO :)

Gave it a go last night, and the only "weird" thing that happened was an incorrect review. Original decision was given not out but I thought I heard a nick, went ahead and reviewed and sure enough snicko and hot spot proved me right but the decision wasnt overturned. :noway Finally get what the BCCI thinks re reviews ;)

Anyway great work making the game and keep it going guys Big Ant :)

Did the ball definitely carry to the keeper.

(In my opinion) the bounce and/or keeper positioning is a bit off in this game and i find most of my edges get to the keeper just on the half volley...

(In my opinion) the bounce and/or keeper positioning is a bit off in this game and i find most of my edges get to the keeper just on the half volley...

I honestly dont remember now. Next time this happens I will keep an eye out for that . Ta

84.7mb download this morning, anything we need to know about or just backend stuff etc?

That always annoys me. If the DRS shows hotstop then the computer is doing its DRS on an lbw appeal...
I had one yesterday that was given not out on DRS (which focused on the lbw not the catch carrying) and watching the replay I still couldn't tell if it carried or not. Something to improve for next time for Big Ant.

A number of outs for your consideration.

Given out LBW from being hit in what I believe was the stomach area. I reviewed the out and the ball hit well above stump height and then dipped back down to the bails. How was that deemed to be out?

Given out when the ball clearly pitched outside the leg stump and was delivered by a right arm bowler bowling around the wicket. On review the program labelled the ball "Pitched outside the leg stump". Is that possible under the LBW laws?

Run out despite my player being adjacent to the stumps after successfully completing the run.

Ideas?

Neil W

Users who are viewing this thread