Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I love this game for the graphics and the real cricket feeling it gives with bowling, fielding, appealing for your wicket and many more. I started playing againgst AI but not finding it very interesting. I was able to jump from Amaeteur level to Pro level within a week. Moving from pro to veteran is the real challenge.

Career mode is also not interesting for me (only me ;)). Starting a career in Rookie or Amaeteur is no challenge at all and starting with Pro with no skills as a 16 year is a real pain. Frankly to say I don't have the patience to wait and see my AI partner defending five balls of an over and getting out to a stupid shot.

I started playing online matches, this is where I am spending most of my free time now :). Each and every player has a different strategy in the game. Interesting to see how they found out their strength in the game and using it to the core for their victory.

Overall I feel every penny spent on this game is worth :). Well done TruBlu and Big Ant Studios.

Just got this game today and boy am I loving it! Spent about 5 minutes in the nets hitting and it felt great right away. The controls made me a bit nervous when I first saw the layouts, but they're actually really intuitive -- the only problem I have is throwing to the far wicket when I want to throw close sometimes.
Played 2 T5 matches and won them both on amateur. The second one came down to the last ball, with me bowling and praying I wouldn't concede. I held it down and went to a super over, which I won with a 4 after my first batsman went out on the first ball!
Really fun stuff. Probably going to up the difficulty in a day or two. Having experience with baseball (and baseball video games like 2K, which uses RS batting/pitching) my whole life definitely made it easy to get a hang of.

Spin bowling is going to take a bit to master but I have bowled a wicket with it. My first over spin bowling I gave up a painful 15...

I'm looking to play online matches on Xbox 360!

Add me @ feder0v and we'll have some fun!

Last edited:
I really enjoy the game but these are few things i think should be in the new patch
Spin bowling needs the bowling speed
Make the bowling which side bit easier
Spin bowling should spin more on day 4,5 and on pitches that suit them
On dry pitches they should make it reverse swing earlier
When bowling if bowlers has sunglasses or sweater, hat they should stop and have option to choose what they hand to the umpire but when I have fast bowler he has sunglasses on we he bowls
Different bowling styles like Shaun tait and lasith mailinga
Bowlers should choose with line they want to bowl before the start delivery
Batting
There needs to be more unorthodox shots like upper cut ,slog sweep,reverse slog sweep ,paddle or lap shot or Steve smith swipe shot
With unorthodox shots maybe set them with the shots they could do like glen maxwell eion Morgan ,dilshan can do all of the shots so they can do them but others shuld only do couple of the unorthodox shots
Have different batting techniques or styles eg Simon kaitch
Pitches
I think the pitches are good but should have more variety in longer
Format and other formats the pitches should be like suited the countries weather eg India hot so should be dry and have cracks and slow outfields fast
England more grassy on more pitches and more wind outfield quick and slow
South Africa bouncy/hard wicket and bit of grass
I think there should more wear on pitches starting day 3 or 4 depending what country your playing in
Weather should impact more like bowlers running into the wind get fartigue more and bowlers get more swing or less swing and spin bowlers get more drift
I think there should be more lbws in the game or edges to slips
There should be more celerbrations from both batters,bowlers and fielders
Acadamy
It's great to create or edit players
There needs to have more features like tatoos,players having fielding skins on , more styles of bats or grips or shoes
There should be able to pick what colour sleeves they wear
More colours to choose

With the spin bowling I want to bowl that's flight and drift and spins away but always pitch it on off stump and turns into a wide

Cricket acadamy
Need more designs for uniforms like so they look the same as real life and same with faces
I think you should be able to pick leadership group in your squad
More sponsors for bats and clothes
Able to pick if they want long sleeves or short
Stadiums
There should be more stadiums different sizes and different weather conditions
I think should have all aus and nz grounds
When it rains should have ground staff come out
Should have maidens,sixs,fours,extras,strike rate and etc in the matches
In compitions there should be no limit or have max number for each country domestic compitions then
Have more compitions like eg champions trophy
Have crowd impact more
More of a pitch report eg maybe another commentator

@MattW Please add me as a verified user! Had done the needful a couple of days back... :) Thanks!!

I think you should be able to move the wicket keeper to the stumps on med pacer and move slips up or back depending on what day it is
There should be more little nicks or move reviews

Just wondering what's the highest amount of those EXP things someone has earnt off the one ball?

I just got a five wicket haul with a diving caught and bowled that was the fifth catch of the innings - getting four of them popping up in a row. The only other four I could think of is if you got a run milestone and a partnership milestone at the same time with an advancing shot for six that hit the sightscreen - which would be absolutely amazing and score more points than the bowling one I did.

I can't think of a way of getting five.

Just wondering what's the highest amount of those EXP things someone has earnt off the one ball?

I just got a five wicket haul with a diving caught and bowled that was the fifth catch of the innings - getting four of them popping up in a row. The only other four I could think of is if you got a run milestone and a partnership milestone at the same time with an advancing shot for six that hit the sightscreen - which would be absolutely amazing and score more points than the bowling one I did.

if it somehow happened playing your third defensive shot of the over?

If the other batter had made 49 without you facing a ball and did the above, and it happened to be your 1000th run? That would be partnership, advancing, sight screen, boundary from first ball faced and run milestone. Though I don't think accumulated runs get EXP? Very unlikely that scenario would ever play out though!

Reactions: Pat
Run milestone as in a player getting to 50/100/150/200 in an innings, which would exclude getting that first ball faced one.

That said, I think I've figured it out

With the last ball of the innings, hit the ball with an advancing shot for six that hits the sightscreen to bring up the 200th run of the innings having not lost a wicket and not given the batsman down the other end a single run.

- Hit an advancing shot for six
- Hit the sightscreen with a six
- Score 200 team runs without losing a wicket
- Score 200 runs with a single batsman
- Opening batsman not out at the end of the innings

Now someone go and do that.

@BigAntStudios :Is there a possibility to spectate an online match like GTA 5 allows to spectate through the game's TV?? Maybe in the future...Or is it something that sony has to allow??

The cricket academy is great but needs more face designs to give ur player life look like the real person and have more styles like batting stance,bowling action and catching style
Catching should have more types not much one handed catches all the time

@BigAntStudios :Is there a possibility to spectate an online match like GTA 5 allows to spectate through the game's TV?? Maybe in the future...Or is it something that sony has to allow??
You'll be able to stream all gameplay via Twitch and uStream on PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread