Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Are you sure about that? In cricket the only time you see a 12th man come onto the field is when a batsmen needs new gloves, bats etc, drinks break or when a fielder is injured/leaves field for toilet break.

Now seeing as none of this is in the game how can it be possible?
Injuries are in the game, they are extremely rare, but they can happen.

Injuries are in the game, they are extremely rare, but they can happen.
In regular gameplay or just in simulation? I'm assuming there's a big catch to its inclusion, like the walk option that only happens in an extremely limited set of circumstances.

If everyone on here playing the game for the last 10 months has done so with no one mentioning an injury occurring - extremely rare doesn't cover it - especially given the non reaction the game has when you bowl deliveries that should injure. If you hit a guy in the head with a bouncer and they aren't wearing a helmet, you hear a hitting the helmet noise as it just bounces off them - with no animated reaction.

I'd say that I would think the expected implementation of injuries would be ones in career mode where you can get injured, be forced from the remainder of the match and miss a few rounds recovering.

It would be nice to increase the probability of injury and make them little more frequent. I've hit a batsman 4 times in the head in the over and he continues to play as if nothing has happened.

In regular gameplay or just in simulation? I'm assuming there's a big catch to its inclusion, like the walk option that only happens in an extremely limited set of circumstances.

If everyone on here playing the game for the last 10 months has done so with no one mentioning an injury occurring - extremely rare doesn't cover it - especially given the non reaction the game has when you bowl deliveries that should injure. If you hit a guy in the head with a bouncer and they aren't wearing a helmet, you hear a hitting the helmet noise as it just bounces off them - with no animated reaction.

I'd say that I would think the expected implementation of injuries would be ones in career mode where you can get injured, be forced from the remainder of the match and miss a few rounds recovering.
Basically there's two parts to the scenario of why things play out the way they do.

First thing, is the reaction animations ended up being toned down or taken out in parts to stop players going out of their crease. This was done fairly late in development as we found that situations were occuring too often where players that were getting hit would either walk out of their crease or end up out of their crease and be given out.

As for injuries, they take circumstances of stamina and being hit numerous times for an injury to occur and even then the chance would remain low. Due to other circumstances recovery happens quite significantly between innings as well, so I'm not overly surprised people haven't quite found it.

In the end, injuries in cricket (during actual physical match play) tend to happen very rarely as is. We'd need to ensure, that if we looked at increasing the rate, that it isn't done to the extent that injuries occur every match or even few matches as that wouldn't exactly be helpful.

Basically there's two parts to the scenario of why things play out the way they do.

First thing, is the reaction animations ended up being toned down or taken out in parts to stop players going out of their crease. This was done fairly late in development as we found that situations were occuring too often where players that were getting hit would either walk out of their crease or end up out of their crease and be given out.

As for injuries, they take circumstances of stamina and being hit numerous times for an injury to occur and even then the chance would remain low. Due to other circumstances recovery happens quite significantly between innings as well, so I'm not overly surprised people haven't quite found it.

In the end, injuries in cricket (during actual physical match play) tend to happen very rarely as is. We'd need to ensure, that if we looked at increasing the rate, that it isn't done to the extent that injuries occur every match or even few matches as that wouldn't exactly be helpful.
Injuries should be on getting hit, fatigue from bowling fast trigger deliveries continuously , cramps from continuous bowling in a match without break, bad bounce...
Most of the things seem to be absent in the game, if there is then there's hardly any effect on the player...So this is urely a thing for next iteration as there are no animation to show that the player has injured himself....And maybe someone taking him off the field, if a small injury then he may return after a wicket or two back to bat or bowl...Would create a feel ah!If I was there I would have won it....

I'd think this, along with the annoying issues of diving and completing the dive short of the crease and being run out, would be solved by just ignoring what happens on screen - similar to how clipping the stumps with your back leg doesn't break them because it's an animation thing you have no control over.

Injury animations on but the game treating it as a dead ball once one of them triggers would be nice - it seems a waste not to show off things that were implemented and make the game look more realistic.

I'd think the most obvious opportunity for more injuries would be as a disincentive to always use the sprint button when running between wickets. Perhaps trade it off for a slower reduction in stamina for its use, but have a slightly increased chance of a leg injury if you're constantly sprinting. I don't think I've got to a point in a batting innings since the first patch where my running speed was notably impacted by fatigue, so you just fall in the habit of always sprinting runs, because why not?

Is there anything else in the game that we haven't found yet because it's been set to be extremely uncommon?

Is there anything else in the game that we haven't found yet because it's been set to be extremely uncommon?
Yes getting injuries and walking!
No one has seen these yet,bit like the Big yeti ! Seriously don't think we need injuries in a cricket game it's so rare anyway.

Yes getting injuries and walking!
No one has seen these yet,bit like the Big yeti ! Seriously don't think we need injuries in a cricket game it's so rare anyway.

Whether injuries must be seen more commonly or not is a different argument but I think animations should not be held back. Like Matt said, major injury animations can be triggered along with the ball being flagged dead. And for not so major injuries, have the animation turn on after the ball is dead.

Whether injuries must be seen more commonly or not is a different argument but I think animations should not be held back. Like Matt said, major injury animations can be triggered along with the ball being flagged dead. And for not so major injuries, have the animation turn on after the ball is dead.
So were the animations made and held back from the game??

Injuries should be a definite part of the gameplay, I have arranged many a tour and would like to have to rotate my squad because someone needs time to recover from a niggle, or my opening batsman having to retire hurt in the nineties after being hit in the ribs by a bouncer. This would add so much more to the game. I have created a list of old all time great teams and they don't wear helmets, but I hook with abandon, would be good if I had to be more cautious.

Not quite what your asking but I remember months ago being told that there is wind in the game yet have seen no evidence to back this claim up. How do you know whether to bowl your spinner into the wind or your paceman with the wind behind him if we don't know what direction it's blowing in? If it actually does exist and has an effect then why not have an indicator, such as a couple of flags placed in the grounds?

Also could edges in pro level upwards be placed in this category especially top edges from a pull shot? Never seen one and I've bowled over 10,000 overs.

Added to that I have never seen the AI get runout, a couple of close calls but that's it. The AI running is far too cautious.

Could we please have player attributes fully explained to while we're at it. Consistency is one that I cannot work out. Does it relate to batting or bowling, throwing or catching?

In regards to injuries, I think they should be rare but not Snow Leopard rare which they currently are but how about some sort of consequence for being hit? A blow to the head could equals not being able to play trigger shots for 10 balls, struck on the hand, the same consequence for 5 balls. Get hit again in the same place within this time span equals injury.

Bowlers should also risk injury if they are over-bowled, as yet the only consequence is low pace. Although this could prove a problem in career mode where my captain insists on keeping me bowling despite being completely knackered!!

Last edited:
Hi @BigAntStudios
So I don't know if its being considered (or if its already been done), but is there a chance the career mode could be extended?

By this I mean your career player retires from international cricket but can continue on playing at state/county level for a little while longer and/or if you choose you could retire from the longer forms at both international and state/county level and become a T20 mercenary of sorts and stick to playing in the game versions of the Big Bash, IPL, CPL T20 and the Natwest T20 Blast competitions (if they're all in the game that is), with the option of still being available for international T20 selection until you completely retire.

Users who are viewing this thread