Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hey guys,
Just looking at some of the gameplay of the PS4/Xbone versions of the game and they seem to look better than the PC version (I may be just seeing things but it certainly seems like it).
Firstly can anyone confirm if what I think is true? And if it is, are there any plans to upgrade the graphics of the PC version?
Cheers.

Had my best/most realistic drop earlier where AI batsman absolutely creamed it to extra cover and it reached the fielder before I could react, real split second stuff

Also had an annoying one where an edge to slip went right to the slip but despite my moving the RAS the slip didn't move at all and ball went past his shin for runs

Had my best/most realistic drop earlier where AI batsman absolutely creamed it to extra cover and it reached the fielder before I could react, real split second stuff

Also had an annoying one where an edge to slip went right to the slip but despite my moving the RAS the slip didn't move at all and ball went past his shin for runs

Slips are a waste of fielder in the game. I've yet to get a slip catch. Gully is a much better position in the game as edges somehow go to either wk or gully.

Slips are a waste of fielder in the game. I've yet to get a slip catch. Gully is a much better position in the game as edges somehow go to either wk or gully.
Well I've had a few (very few) slip catches. I generally find a 2nd or 3rd slip discourages/penalises cuts to full straight ones.

However at the moment I'm trying as per @cooks1st100 suggestion of lowering key stats for bowlers and batters to get more edges so had 2 slips in. Too early to tell though what I did notice was there was more realistic type plays and misses from the AI and when I batted I has some good edge variation - only dismissed once myself from edge but also had I side edge go very quickly to fine leg (would have been 4 but for the fielder) and an outside edge from a drive fly over slip's jump and go for 4

First time yesterday I got out to a very fine top edge to a very well-directed bouncer when attempting to pull and was caught by the keeper. To be honest, I was pretty happy to be out in this way as it is realistic and does happen IRL, however, if only the AI batsmen can get out to similar deliveries rather than pulling everything for 4 or 6.

I still haven't worked out if I'm meant to press the stick in the direction the ball is coming based on the camera view or the fielder POV. I also managed to take a catch at gully recently, and while I was celebrating actually catching one I didn't appeal (a catch to gully, I mean c'mon) and it was given not out.

I still haven't worked out if I'm meant to press the stick in the direction the ball is coming based on the camera view or the fielder POV. I also managed to take a catch at gully recently, and while I was celebrating actually catching one I didn't appeal (a catch to gully, I mean c'mon) and it was given not out.

For a long time I went on the principle that "up" always worked, but it doesn't :(

So far I just point the up direction when the ball comes to a fielder and it works all the time so its enough I think...Though some diving catches I point to the ball's direction as its my usual reflex but dont know whether UP is enough for those as well...

Had a really good, bug-free T10 online. Was pleased as I was on wifi which usually is worse I believe... Haven't played online for ages and believe this was only my 5th ever online matchup.

Any way, long story short, I restricted my opponent to 59 all out in 9.3 overs so I'm clearly amazing at bowling, the AI sucks and anyone claiming to get more edges than me is a filthy liar...

Users who are viewing this thread