Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.

Is it just me or since patch 2 (xbox360) do most of the ground shots (with perfect timing and footwork) go in the air? It's really frustrating when trying to cut and pull you just get caught all the time.

Although this doesn't happen playing identical shots with both triggers down (aggresive ground shots) so have the controls changed or have the 'normal' ground shots been broken somehow?

Three major issues for me on PC version

1. Superhuman bowler as fielder for the straight drives
2. AI batsman playing a late upper cut for a yorker length ball and getting six for it
3. Fielders running either too slow or too fast at times. Can this be linked to the speed of the batsman running? They should cover almost the same distance

@ Ross - has this been identified and addressed ?

I've never saved anything to the cloud, in fact I've never even enable the thing, so that can't be issue.

Its been a week now, so has anyone had an official word from BigAnt about the save issues? I gave my XBox live details to HBK, but haven't heard a thing.

I've had a look at the forums, and all I can see is Ross getting angry about pirating....how about those who have the game legally and can't play their careers?

I can't play any mode! it just keeps freezing everytime i try to save. i'm getting tired of replaying the same game just for it to freeze. i'm going to stop playing until its fixed.

I know this is a step back way of doing things but you could always deleted the patch and just play like you did before.

yes the game isn't as fine tuned gamplay wise but atleast you don't have to worry about saving. Thats what I'm doing at the minute since it looks like it coud be a long time for the issue to be fixed :/

Mode: Career
Match Type: FCC
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.5
Ground: Don't Remeber
Teams: Somerset vs Surrey
Get Best: No, but they are updated teams from a particular upload
Description of Issue:
Good forward defensive shot floats back to the bowler for a caught and bowled.

Unless I actually was early on this shot, and the graphical representation is utterly broken?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting lots of freezes on my xbox, after finishing causal games or just after starting a career. I have a very old xbox...

How about BigAnt grant me access to the steam game, so I can play on my laptop until the freezing issue is fixed? Is that nuts? I did fork out ?50 for the game when it was released and now its unplayable....

It's a known bug, they're working on it.

I've never saved anything to the cloud, in fact I've never even enable the thing, so that can't be issue.

Its been a week now, so has anyone had an official word from BigAnt about the save issues? I gave my XBox live details to HBK, but haven't heard a thing.

I've had a look at the forums, and all I can see is Ross getting angry about pirating....how about those who have the game legally and can't play their careers?
They cant replicate the bug at their end, so they don't know what's causing it, so they cannot fix it.
Highly annoying, shelling out for two versions and a new graphics card for a game that's been delayed twice and patched twice just to iron out some pretty massive bugs.. I guess now we have a fantastic game, but not until you've shelled out for two versions and waited an eternity for it.

They cant replicate the bug at their end, so they don't know what's causing it, so they cannot fix it.
Highly annoying, shelling out for two versions and a new graphics card for a game that's been delayed twice and patched twice just to iron out some pretty massive bugs.. I guess now we have a fantastic game, but not until you've shelled out for two versions and waited an eternity for it.

yeah - but just cos they can't replicate the bug doesn't prevent them addressing it!

people on here have given enuff info 4 big ant to know exactly what the bug is and where/when it occurs

they have been sent videos, people have sent their profiles etc

all they need to do is look at that part of the code!

latest from big ant is that it is an issue with only some batches of older xboxes - so my fear is that we will just be told - tough luck for having an xbox from a particular batch!

----------

after deleting everything DBC - re-installing (this time to the hard drive), reloading patch2 - i got the freeze after my 4th t20 game

even though i am not saving to the cloud - i have now disabled saves to the cloud - see if that makes any difference - i haven't got high hopes tho!

seems that big ant have produced a patch that works on 95% of xboxes - as for the other 5% of us - looks like we are stuck with a game that freezes if we wanna use patch 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread