Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah - but just cos they can't replicate the bug doesn't prevent them addressing it!

people on here have given enuff info 4 big ant to know exactly what the bug is and where/when it occurs
they have been sent videos, people have sent their profiles etc

all they need to do is look at that part of the code!

latest from big ant is that it is an issue with only some batches of older xboxes - so my fear is that we will just be told - tough luck for having an xbox from a particular batch!

----------

after deleting everything DBC - re-installing (this time to the hard drive), reloading patch2 - i got the freeze after my 4th t20 game

even though i am not saving to the cloud - i have now disabled saves to the cloud - see if that makes any difference - i haven't got high hopes tho!

seems that big ant have produced a patch that works on 95% of xboxes - as for the other 5% of us - looks like we are stuck with a game that freezes if we wanna use patch 2 :(

We do NOT have enough info yet otherwise we'd have fixed it. You reckon I really like having my staff on this for a week and a half so far? The game code is the same across all platforms yet the PC has no issue. PS3 no issue. Where do you think the problem is?

Now we know that we can work a lot faster than MS so even though we do know that it is very, very likely a bug with the MS hardware as it is the only non-constant we are the ones trying to work around it. ie. Same OS, Same Game Code, different machines have different results.

Even if I take the nonsensical idea that we have enough info to fix it we can't even test the fix because we CAN'T replicate it - what would you propose? We try to fix it, cross our fingers, pay $20k to MS, wait two weeks or so, then see if a guess at a fix works and rinse/repeat until "we get it".

Your attitude towards our efforts in your last line simply sucks - what have we ever done that has made you think that we would do that?

Last edited:
yeah - but just cos they can't replicate the bug doesn't prevent them addressing it!

people on here have given enuff info 4 big ant to know exactly what the bug is and where/when it occurs

latest from big ant is that it is an issue with only some batches of older xboxes - so my fear is that we will just be told - tough luck for having an xbox from a particular batch!

----------

after deleting everything DBC - re-installing (this time to the hard drive), reloading patch2 - i got the freeze after my 4th t20 game

even though i am not saving to the cloud - i have now disabled saves to the cloud - see if that makes any difference - i haven't got high hopes tho!

seems that big ant have produced a patch that works on 95% of xboxes - as for the other 5% of us - looks like we are stuck with a game that freezes if we wanna use patch 2 :(

I've bought the game twice now due to xbox issues so no way am I buying a new xbox! :)

Since upgrading to Patch 2, I'm now finding that the runs scored in career mode in tenth wicket stands are now much too low compared to real world scores. Any other England supporters have the same problem?

Since patch 2 I can't download CA teams and even get best

They cant replicate the bug at their end, so they don't know what's causing it, so they cannot fix it.
Highly annoying, shelling out for two versions and a new graphics card for a game that's been delayed twice and patched twice just to iron out some pretty massive bugs.. I guess now we have a fantastic game, but not until you've shelled out for two versions and waited an eternity for it.

I have to agree. As I've mentioned before, I have no way of affording a new laptop good enough to play, so I'm stuck with a console game that I can only save some of the time. I was a bit confused as to why it was going to release, then was delayed because of Ashes, and there were still big problems in regards to bugs. I don't know how computers and programming etc. works, but if you have more time, surely that means there should be very few bugs, considering it was ready to release in December. I may be mistaken.

But to be fair, I was disappointed, not pissed off! I just really wanted to play the game. I have now and I love it. I just want to be able to save my progress!

Thanks for letting me know the situation. It doesn't help anyone though.

The whipping off the bails thing is gone but has been replaced with the lobbed return from thefield that lands on top of the stumps. It's just as annoying, but equally superficial.

Hopefully you guys can get rid of it next patch if you have time

Incidentally I'm not sure about the bowling balance any more. Just got 7 - 1 and 6 - 0 on my last two t20 games.

1st season pro. Maybe 8 games played.

Last edited:
Have bitten the bullet. Have deleted all saved games and references to DBC14 on my 360 hard drive. Re installed patch 2 and everything is sweet........apart from the 'get best' box is 'shadowed/greyed out' and I can't download these teams. But this is small price to pay for getting save options back.

(

Any developer of any kind will tell you if they cannot replicate a bug they can't fix the issue.

We do NOT have enough info yet otherwise we'd have fixed it. You reckon I really like having my staff on this for a week and a half so far? The game code is the same across all platforms yet the PC has no issue. PS3 no issue. Where do you think the problem is?

Now we know that we can work a lot faster than MS so even though we do know that it is very, very likely a bug with the MS hardware as it is the only non-constant we are the ones trying to work around it. ie. Same OS, Same Game Code, different machines have different results.

Even if I take the nonsensical idea that we have enough info to fix it we can't even test the fix because we CAN'T replicate it - what would you propose? We try to fix it, cross our fingers, pay $20k to MS, wait two weeks or so, then see if a guess at a fix works and rinse/repeat until "we get it".

Your attitude towards our efforts in your last line simply sucks - what have we ever done that has made you think that we would do that?

my "attitude" [sic] in my last line simply reflects the facts - do you dispute the fact that patch 2 has rendered the game unsaveable for a minority?

i am in no way implying that big ant have done this deliberately in any shape or form - but it is definitely what has resulted - just read the posts in this thread!

i cannot suggest what it is you do - it is your business after all - i am merely the "consumer"

suffice to say i do not want to get into a war of words with you over this - it is simply not worth it and i do appreciate you are looking into the issue

however, if it is an ms issue - how come we didn't have it pre-patch?

lets be perfectly clear about this - it is the way ur code interacts with the ms operating system that is at fault NOT the ms operating system itself

and it does not alter the facts that we have paid money for a game that wasn't "ready" when released - else why have you had to patch it?

now we have a patch that although it gives us a game that we should have had originally - it has effectively rendered the game unsaveable for a minority of us - do you not understand "our" frustration?

Last edited:
however, if it is an ms issue - how come we didn't have it pre-patch?

I agree totally, makes no sense.... it wasn't there before the patch, stands to reason the patch must have caused it

They are working as hard as possible to fix an issue discovered to affect a very small percentage of players post release.

Out of interest what, in addition to that, do you think they should be doing?

They are working as hard as possible to fix an issue discovered to affect a very small percentage of players post release.

i think u have nailed it there Chief - "a very small percentage of players"

take it u don't have the freezing issue then?

...........so that's why u can say - "Out of interest what, in addition to that, do you think they should be doing?" - as if we are out of order for wanting a fully saveable version of the game!!

cos it ain't affecting u!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread