Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

They don't know how to

We're just not very clever...

Seriously, I'd rather other people talk about the game and make videos, it's all about the passion that's being shown, it can't be faked.

----------

The controls just feel right. I don't know how to describe it other than by saying, everyone else has done it wrong up until now. Did not notice the trail in regular gameplay - the ring around the ball works very well, but is off on the higher difficulties.

I tried a very small amount of the highest difficulty in the nets - tough.

You won't be on Chiefs Christmas list either...

haven't read all the thread - it's moving too quickly for that - but i read till way past the end of the play sessions, so hopefully not missed anything too big.

initially disappointed about the shenanigans over the recording, and the dev build thing, but having read Ross' explanation seems like they're non-issues, so "phew".

pretty disappointed about the commentators, having only 2, neither of whom i've heard of and who don't seem to be "mainstream" cricket commentators is a touch underwhelming. that said, commentary is not the be all and end all. besides, i haven't been able to watch a vid with the sound on yet so i am definitely reserving judgment on them - feedback seems good though.

everything else looks fantastic. licensed SCG / Bradman Oval is great news. the information given in the load screens, particularly with weather, is awesome, and the scorecard with a little write-up of bradman's innings is a real classy touch. the scorecard/weather/stadium transition looks fantastic.

the gameplay videos look very good.

overall very impressed. look forward to playing, and hope the #rumour is as reliable as the one i started about me having a 12" knob.

We're just not very clever...

Seriously, I'd rather other people talk about the game and make videos, it's all about the passion that's being shown, it can't be faked.

----------

You won't be on Chiefs Christmas list either...

Fair enough it's just that we need to see some proper gameplay footage to understand how the game works - normal cricket shots and edges - so far we have seen a scoop, a reverse sweep and some lbw appeals.

Shhh....dont push it. Dont think Matt has forgiven you for the Indian Veggies yet
It's the way he ensures a fair review - it's the counter-cake.

It was very flavourful, I think it would be great with a bit of chicken in it.

It Seems the ball has no contact with the bat but still deviates ,does it actually connected with the bat ?

Yeah it did. You dont expect a ball to bounce on the pitch (good length) and fly over the keeper's head like that ;):p

----------

It was very flavourful, I think it would be great with a bit of chicken in it.

Thats what I keep telling my Vegetarian friends too :cheers

Dont know why people are going off on the commentators, David Basheer is really good, he does great work for SBS. Yer sure its his first time doing cricket but hes pretty good all round.

:eek::eek: BOBBLEHEAD ALERT!!!! :eek::eek:

Don't watch the following if you are sensitive to bobbleheads or fun. Do watch it if you want over 3 minutes of gameplay footage!

Last edited:
Thank god you disabled comments on that video

There is an edge to slip in that video!

Okay the first of the big videos of the Career mode is starting the upload - it's an hour away, so just rewatch the bobbleheads and this new video quickly showing the in game field setup.

Last edited:

Don't watch the following if you are sensitive to bobbleheads or fun. Do watch it if you want over 3 minutes of gameplay footage!

Yeah,that was the bad build :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Did it actually go through the bat?? Looks like a bug to me...Gameplay looks awesome....The fielding and the slip catching....:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread