Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Go away and be gone back to the iron age

You don't deserve my time. Simple.

The major thing to come outta all the negative stuff is majority of it was due to the old build, if people take the time to look at twistie's stuff on you tube, they won't have much to complain about.

The only thing I saw that looked off was a collision between fielder and batter which resulted in the slide effect of the batter kinda moonwalkish, but if that's the only thing wrong there's no point worrying. It is a game not real life!!

Visually it looks stunning, love the graphics, stats on screen etc. can't wait for this, and TTC too. I hope you guys can release it soon, hope the steel box version is available in UK, I wanna be able to say in 5 yrs or so when we've had a few sequels that I was there from the start!! Doesn't even matter about the non licenced teams I could play that game without the academy, which is just a huge bonus!!!!

The decision to remove pitch marker is good.This was said long before by Ross. And also someone mentioned here there was no speed meter. That was awesome and also understood the intention behind it. Its like Real cricket.
Love you Ross and your DBC14. Cant wait to get the game in hand or atleast a Pre-order.
Those who need 100% real cricket, should take a bat and ball and play it in the ground.:)

Last edited:
Obviously....
But if u don't have time now how will u get time to listen to problems and make a patch to fix it.. So called after sales service

Thanks for you input, I really appreciate it and have filed it appropriately. Don't call us, we'll call you....

suggestion-box-shredder.jpg

Ironage must have been at the play session yesterday given he is an expert in how the game plays...

Thanks for you input, I really appreciate it and have filed it appropriately. Don't call us, we'll call you....

suggestion-box-shredder.jpg

Darn you have exactly the same machine Matt uses for my feedback and promotion questions.... Although I am sure Martyn and Ironage know of much better shredders......

Dammit: why am I such a raging fanboy?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasn't for big ant and their game we'd all be sitting around playing a buggy ashes cricket game, they thought they had no competition from any competitors and they woulda just released there game and we wouldn't never heard from them again, we would have finished the game by now and be left to play there so called unicorn and sheep domestic leagues waiting another 5 years for a cricket game, appreciate that you have a game that has so much user input into it and the amount of features that will give the game a long levity and a good platform to base it's next game on, don't get hang up on small things that don't count for anything there's constructive criticism them there's just stirring the pot, guess which category you fit into..

notice their short cover got out of the way, maybe the one in previous video was due to an old build, or maybe it's just rare they take a screamer like the one in twistie's video? reassures me a bit.

Does this reassure you more?

edit

I do have to say.. my jaw dropped a little lower every catch they showed.

God Boonie had big coconuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people think Ross is like the monorail salesman from The Simpsons? Do people really think he will sell a broken game and ride off into the sunset on his kangaroo (or whatever the latest mode of transport is in Australia) shouting "so long suckers!" ??

This is not about being a "fanboy" ; just thinking logically from a pure commercial perspective. It does not make any sense for Big Ant to sell a buggy game for a one-time money grab. That is business suicide, especially when compared to a long-term sustainable model producing multiple game iterations with falling marginal costs.

So when he says the new build is better and there will be patches, I believe him - not because I know him or have blind faith but purely using rational thought.

Failing all that!(!), just looking at the latest videos you can see several 'issues' in the old build are not in those latest videos.

Good statement..
guess you like everyone except me and martyn who critisized a bit

I truly don't think it is criticism Ross is angry at? If you pointed out a genuine problem, I'm sure he'd be happy that you did so he might be able to do something about it?

No, I think the problem is that your complaints are baseless, it's been explained why some of the glitches occur, but you still harp on about them? Did you read the thread? There's a difference between constructive criticism and mindless dribble...

This game has so little to do with anything before it, none of the controls are the same, it is clear that we at Big ant welcome new ideas and the chance to implement them. The great atmosphere and fun that was had yesterday is why we do what we do.

One thing that people really haven't made much of is that along this long road of the last 12 months there are things that people here on PC requested that actually made it into the game that was played yesterday. In some senses it has become your game.

I love constructive criticism, it makes our games stronger, I expect a lot from people here and will of course welcome it.

That said, life is too short and none of us should suffer fools who would waste our time. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread