Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Due to unforseen circumstances, the final build was only available on one console
Two consoles - just I happened to record the bulk of the footage on the third one that was the pre-retail.

All the consoles didn't have the patch that will come out with the release version. So there are going to have been bugs that they knew about that were shown - but they still showed the game because they had nothing to hide.

They have said long ago that there won't be a demo.
I'm still holding out for those IC2010 and Cricket 07 demos...

Here's a comparison - at the 'World Premiere' of Ashes Cricket 2013 at Lords, no one there was allowed to play the game, let alone film it being played. At Big Ant's one - it was open to the public despite it not being the final build.

Because the people who were recording the gameplay which showed 'bugs' were playing the non final build. Due to unforseen circumstances, the final build was only available on one console, and those using that console did not record. There is final build footage available if you look through this thread.

That final build play has no edges in it.

We really need a properly noted video from Bigant to show how this game is better than previous versions of cricket games

The way this has been organised smacks of amateurism and firefighting when bugs started appearing.

We need a video on ai improvements, shot selection improvements, range of shots, and proof that slip fielding looks natural.

Otherwise I fear game critics will have more and more reason to become more vocal.

The game is sliding towards obscurity.

Mods need to deal with some trolls they are just wasting a lot of time and killing constructive discussions that may help improving game further and let us know a bit more about it as this is what I can only do until release.

You just want an argument and are not listening. Fine. Have fun. You are so cool....I sincerely doubt that there is much anyone can do to keep your mouth shut.....

By not giving the demo and also not mentioning pc minimum system requirements, they r already starting to lose before they start!

Two consoles - just I happened to record the bulk of the footage on the third one that was the pre-retail.

Oh were there 4 consoles in total? I thought it was just 3 and Ross confirmed the dud build was on 2 of them

Just curious, do we control tapping the bat at the crease during the bowler run-up? Or is this random?

Someone mentioned there is a video where the bat is being tapped into the wicket during the bowler run-up but I've only seen the bat in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
08pb4K2.jpg

That is quite a collection! Reminds me of something my cricket coach used to say 'you're a bunch of disappointments! One greater than the next' :noway

That final build play has no edges in it.

We really need a properly noted video from Bigant to show how this game is better than previous versions of cricket games

The way this has been organised smacks of amateurism and firefighting when bugs started appearing.

We need a video on ai improvements, shot selection improvements, range of shots, and proof that slip fielding looks natural.

Otherwise I fear game critics will have more and more reason to become more vocal.

The game is sliding towards obscurity.

Ha ha! Martyn I do love you sometimes. You are obviously an eloquent and intelligent person and I love the banter but I must say that you have a rather over exaggerated grasp of things........How can this game be sliding towards obscurity and how can you be the judge of that?

Surely that can only be determined once the game has been released and had the chance to prove itself or as you put it, slide into obscurity?

By not giving the demo and also not mentioning pc minimum system requirements, they r already starting to lose before they start!

I think he is desperate to play the game and also own it for free , its not possible you can get some other crap cricket13(which doesnt even exist) for free so get out here or keep on shouting we dont need people like you

No I dont think they are. See that is the difference between us: I think something.....that is my opinion......you seem to know it and deride all others for failing to see such an obvious truth.......reminds me a bit like the jehohvas who come to my door.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is desperate to play the game and also own it for free , its not possible you can get some other crap cricket13(which doesnt even exist) for free so get out here or keep on shouting we dont need people like you

Oh!! So u better buy a unknown commodity and later realize I wasted a great deal in buying something not worthy enough!

No I dont think they are. See that is the difference between us: I think something.....that is my opinion......you seem to know it and deride all others for failing to see such an obvious truth.......

An obvious truth only a few enlightened ones can see. They are so heroically trying to free us from our overlord Ross who has brainwashed us to think the game looks good. Because we obviously have no ability to discern for ourselves what we like and don't like. We clearly have no ability to intelligently judge how it looks. We just blindly take Ross's and the play session people's word for it.

Oh!! So u better buy a unknown commodity and later realize I wasted a great deal in buying something not worthy enough!

Pathetic arguments. At least Martyn tries to put some substance behind his take on things.

Users who are viewing this thread