Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

Matt pointed out numerous concerns about the game.
Yes, and on balance I've said it's the best game I've played. If you're going to consider my views when they are negative, what basis is the same weight not given to the positive?

Yes, and on balance I've said it's the best game I've played. If you're going to consider my views when they are negative, what basis is the same weight not given to the positive?

I said I thought you were being influenced by the excitement and hype of the day.

Be interesting to see if you stick by that view when the full game is released.

But the gameplay seemed pretty simplistic on easy level right?

I said I thought you were being influenced by the excitement and hype of the day.

He posted an extended rundown of his impressions - they appeared to be perfectly rational judgements

And correct, the gameplay appears to easy on the EASY difficulty level. Who would have thought?

MattW becareful your mind and your feelings are like an open book to Martyn Sigismund Schlomo Freud and he can clearly distinguish what is right and what is wrong in your thinking.

He posted an extended rundown of his impressions - they appeared to be perfectly rational judgements

And correct, the gameplay appears to easy on the EASY difficulty level. Who would have thought?

So his opinion is based on partial evidence.

You lose.

Next.

----------

MattW becareful your mind and your feelings are like an open book to Martyn Sigismund Schlomo Freud and he can clearly distinguish what is right and what is wrong in your thinking.

I'm sure Matt would confirm that this is no by no means his definite view of the game but is just an initial impression.

What I find interesting there Martyn is that you are keen to see whether Matt holds his opinion when the final game is there or perhaps changes it but you yourself leave the impression that you can forge your opinion and when anyone suggests you keep an open mind about things until you have played the actual game, which you havent, you dont appear to be willing. Seems a tad onesided.

Martyn - hold your horses and reserve judgement. One of the few things you've said that is undeniable is that we can't tell much about the depth of gameplay from an open session. All we can tell is that people enjoyed playing it.
Maybe they felt special, maybe Ross bribed them. Who knows?
You are wasting your time however trying to build a case about how good the game is until you, and me, and everyone else has actually played it.

Extrapolating the amount of gameplay information you have tried to do from the videos we've all seen is extremely tenuous.

His opinion is based on his actual experience with the actual game.

You only have your 'instinct'

Wrong!

My view of the game is based on the videos.

My instinct relates to the future of the game.

How to expose a pro-corporate troll by Martyn - my biook is out next week.

Wrong!

My view of the game is based on the videos.

My instinct relates to the future of the game.

How to expose a pro-corporate troll by Martyn - my biook is out next week.

So your opinion is on partial evidence too?

No it does not. Totally unrealistic. Crappy animation and as if anyone could believe that catch at 0:50

Video games are meant to be boring representations of the sport, I don't want any of your super-human shinannanngans.

not single one of the catches in frostyveggi's post were comparable to the one taken at silly mid-off/short cover in the game video.

the first several were deflections to a guy quite far back and went either straight to his hands, or he stuck out an arm as a reflex and in it popped.

the last three were more comparable in that the fielder was closer and the shots were full blooded, but every single one went into the fielder's midriff as he took evasive action and somehow stuck... they weren't plucked nonchalantly out of the air like a flower floating on the wind.

from what we've seen, your game is good enough by heaps for you to not need to resort to a defence like that. we've even seen a video where in a similar situation the fielder did take evasive action. if the catch in the first one was down to the old build, fine. if it's an exceedingly rare, one in a thousand thing, fine. if it's a regular thing, you've got a problem, and it would be better for everyone if you recognised it. it's been covered already, and i can see why you're sick of it, but frostyveggi's post was - while fun to watch - irrelevant.

So your opinion is on partial evidence too?

i went over all this yesterday - were you awake? Sorry i forgot trolls pretend they don't understand things.

I said I thought the fact I am so distanced from the event gave me a fair perspective and balanced view of issues with the game.

I always find the best way to combat trolls is just to feed them plain, honest facts. They usually ignore them so much so they just don't reply.

like a video of catches utterly, utterly different to the one's a few people of honestly critiqued? yeah... works great.

Sigh.. too much troll food.. didn't even get a response from my post.. what a waste..

Users who are viewing this thread