Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

like a video of catches utterly, utterly different to the one's a few people of honestly critiqued? yeah... works great.

Pro corporate trolls tend to call the honest critics trolls - just a fact of life Dave.

And they tend to bend the truth quite a lot.

Don't underestimate them.

So his opinion is based on partial evidence.

You lose.

Next.

----------

I'm sure Matt would confirm that this is no by no means his definite view of the game but is just an initial impression.

I am quite sure Matt will confirm this but you are definate that you views on the game are correct ???? how come when you have not even played it once ???

This is what we all are trying to say to you that you are trolling based on videos that are not even of final built and should wait for final game and stop trolling but it is too hard for you to understand what is that ???

MIKE FEGAN STOP IT OR WE WILL ALL DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE :eek:

i went over all this yesterday - were you awake? Sorry i forgot trolls pretend they don't understand things.

I said I thought the fact I am so distanced from the event gave me a fair perspective and balanced view of issues with the game.

Nah I get you know, thanks for clearing it up.

Playing the game is only partial evidence of what the game is like.

Watching snippets of selective gameplay footage from a non-final build allows for a balanced perspective.

i went over all this yesterday - were you awake? Sorry i forgot trolls pretend they don't understand things.

I said I thought the fact I am so distanced from the event gave me a fair perspective and balanced view of issues with the game.

sorry, but while the videos we saw yesterday were not perfect, your posts haven't been balanced or showing any perspective. what they've shown is a blatant disregard for any explanation of the issues, and casual dismissal of people who have actually played the game and don't have an axe to grind either way (including people not even on PC.net). you're not helping at all, since your approach makes it easier to gloss over other criticism.

like a video of catches utterly, utterly different to the one's a few people of honestly critiqued? yeah... works great.

To be honest, I couldn't specifically remember the ins and out of the catch in question.. over a day had past and I had seen too much other footage since then, plus the knowledge it was based on a dodgy build, plus seeing a nice avoidance from the player in the most recent vids (needs bigger coconuts that player!), and my response was to answer your statement about freaky catches being rare (semi-confirmation in that yes, they should be), and plus I don't consider you to be a troll.

But mostly it was posted for a bit of fun.. and that it was pretty jaw-dropping to watch as well.

Nah I get you know, thanks for clearing it up.

Playing the game is only partial evidence of what the game is like.

Watching snippets of selective gameplay footage from a non-final build allows for a balanced perspective.

Dismissing the evidence in favour of guesswork - well done.

Can you show me proof of how the game plays on higher difficulties?

Can you show me proof of edges in the final build?

My argument is based on what I have seen.

What is yours based on?

Hearsay.

I'm keen to see if my view changes. But you can clearly tell from playing it that Big Ant have got more of the basic fundamentals correct than other games - the batting lets you make a later decision and play the ball on its merit, the bowling works in a way that means you're not trying to hit a pre-determined perfect zone on the pitch, instead you're controlling the motion of the release and thus you're watching a meter go up instead of the batsman's premeditation.

How well they got the basics is a far better indicator of how they will or could get the end product.

The good thing is that unlike the other cricket game developers they have a track record of patching their games. If actually sitting down and playing it for weeks on end after getting used to the controls exposes issues, I trust they will fix it, because they are trying to establish a cricket franchise that isn't built on the back of people buying it because it has a big named licensed tournament on the cover.

Dismissing the evidence in favour of guesswork - well done.

Can you show me proof of how the game plays on higher difficulties?

Can you show me proof of edges in the final build?

My argument is based on what I have seen.

What is yours based on?

Hearsay.

Warning: Corporate Shill Troll post below

Mine is based on actual past experiences with Big Ant products, community support, and game support. Their products in the past have been enjoyable (not perfect, but enjyoable), and have met the standards which they outlined to the respective communities prior to release. Having experienced this, I don't think it is unreasonable to believe what the team has said in relation to the final build. It's unfortunate that you choose to dismiss the information provided by the people that have played the game, or made the game.

Last edited:
I'm keen to see if my view changes. But you can clearly tell from playing it that Big Ant have got more of the basic fundamentals correct than other games - the batting lets you make a later decision and play the ball on its merit, the bowling works in a way that means you're not trying to hit a pre-determined perfect zone on the pitch, instead you're controlling the motion of the release and thus you're watching a meter go up instead of the batsman's premeditation.

How well they got the basics is a far better indicator of how they will or could get the end product.

The good thing is that unlike the other cricket game developers they have a track record of patching their games. If actually sitting down and playing it for weeks on end after getting used to the controls exposes issues, I trust they will fix it, because they are trying to establish a cricket franchise that isn't built on the back of people buying it because it has a big named licensed tournament on the cover.

But didn't it seem too easy to smash the ball about?

I wonder if that is related to the limited animations?

Did you play the same shot again and again with the same result?

regarding edges in the final build, martyn - you do understand the logical concept that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, right?

we haven't seen an awful lot of footage from the new build; i think it's a bit soon to make sweeping judgements on what's in or out. i'd lay pretty good money that they didn't remove edges. fancy a bet?

regarding edges in the final build, martyn - you do understand the logical concept that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, right?

we haven't seen an awful lot of footage from the new build; i think it's a bit soon to make sweeping judgements on what's in or out. i'd lay pretty good money that they didn't remove edges. fancy a bet?

We know there will be bugs in this game - my feeling is that the edge system is likely to be one of them.

I played on the hardest difficulty in the nets, I could barely hit it. Mikey from Big Ant who has been playing it for months could hit about half the balls.

Did you play the same shot again and again with the same result?
No.

We know there will be bugs in this game - my feeling is that the edge system is likely to be one of them.
So complain about it once the game is out to the company that has a history of releasing multiple patches for their sports games.

He also said he tried hard mode in the nets and only managed to make contact on the ball a couple of times.. mostly he was getting out LBW or being bowled.

Users who are viewing this thread