Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Basically you have to move the left stick towards the circle - which represents where the ball will go. The length of the line and resistance to moving the stick will vary depending on how tough the chance is for that particular fielder.

Does difficulty have an effect on this mechanic as well? Forgot to ask this yestarday.

when is the game going to be available for pre-order in US and INDIA? (PS4 digital version).

Only non-constructive posts are removed, edited. More evidence is all I can say.
Don’t have a problem with BA but who they continue to back well that’s a different story altogether. :mad

Can anyone confirm if DBC17 is based on same engine as RLL3 and lacrosse 16, in terms of graphics?

Certainly is based on that same engine plus a lot of improvements besides. BTW The talk of lower graphical quality than DBC14, Rll3 or Lacrosse is frankly ridiculous and people making those observations seriously need guide dogs.

On a related note, all of the animation is either brand new or very much reworked - all of them have been touched - to understand what we've had to do to animate this game you need to first figure that most sequences are a blend from one animation to the next, it's extremely difficult to do.

People should check out games based on other niche sports, such as Handball, to see the level of delivery in this game and pause, and think, before hitting that "post reply" button.[DOUBLEPOST=1477570426][/DOUBLEPOST]
Only non-constructive posts are removed, edited. More evidence is all I can say.
Don’t have a problem with BA but who they continue to back well that’s a different story altogether. :mad

WTF are you talking about dude - there's plenty of half-arsed negative comments that remain here.

Certainly is based on that same engine plus a lot of improvements besides. BTW The talk of lower graphical quality than DBC14, Rll3 or Lacrosse is frankly ridiculous and people making those observations seriously need guide dogs.

On a related note, all of the animation is either brand new or very much reworked - all of them have been touched - to understand what we've had to do to animate this game you need to first figure that most sequences are a blend from one animation to the next, it's extremely difficult to do.

People should check out games based on other niche sports, such as Handball, to see the level of delivery in this game and pause, and think, before hitting that "post reply" button.[DOUBLEPOST=1477570426][/DOUBLEPOST]

WTF are you talking about dude - there's plenty of half-arsed negative comments that remain here.

I am liking the interface and graphics so far, you guys are doing a great job. I noticed a new cutscene when the player at non strikers end puts his bat on the pitch, "gardening" some people call it, are there any other new cutscenes like this in game?

Thank you

@BigAntStudios Ya I also thought so, anyway why I asked is because few of the members in our group were saying otherwise and I didn't had any confirmation. I can now show them the screenshot as confirmation. The most frequent observation I have received from our WhatsApp Group members (which has around 100 active Online Players) are that though the game play and features and career depth is great, but somehow the overall look & feel of the players are a bit like cardboardish or arcadish (which is not in the case with DBC14). I am sure this is just the result of jumping the gun and may be unreal expectations from how a game should look & feel. It is quite possible that may be it is because of the Video and when we play the game the impression will change.

I am personally looking forward to buy in 1st day of the release and extremely happy with all the new features added in this edition.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Ross
I have had posts removed now comments to discredited me. Everything is getting screen captured.

You brought negative comments on yourself by getting emotionally involved people know they will get a rise from you. Every game gets them it’s certainly nothing new what I’ve seen on here its tame really it is. Not that I’m defending them I am simply making the point.

I don't think this thread needs anymore negativity. Let's all move and look forward to the game and what we can contribute now. Please.

Now about the graphical quality, it is surely top notch in academy. I myself had written saying it's closing on top sports games such as FIFA or NBA. But the contrast, gamma and saturation elements are the ones that seem lower than what we can see in academy. Plus it's compressed video. I think the answer to such a comment is no more than your display settings away. I think gamma is inbuilt and if saturation is inbuilt too like they used to provide filters, it would be greatly helpful. Even if it's not there, I would just need to adjust my monitor settings instead.

Really, almost all of the issues that are being raised are either easily solvable or BA have given a proper reply already. There is seriously no need for these kind of reactions. Chill down people. The coming of a cricket game used to be a celebration. Let's keep it that way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread