Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

If u didn't have higher expectations, then certainly you don't fall under that 'we' category!
Seriously dude, have you for even one second considered all the things that WE asked for as a community from day one of DBC14 that have been implemented. BA have literally listened to every word and answered most of them by giving in and putting it in THEIR game.

The helicopter shot in my opinion is the biggest waste of resources in the world. The time and effort they probably put into that one stroke played by one player in the world just to please the fans, that shows that customer expectations were met and exceeded. So, get off your high horse, find a copy of Ashes 2013 and drown your sorrows in that for a few hours (or preferably months) and come back with a bit more of a humble attitude, grateful for what WE have. And that, is a truly remarkable effort from a small studio, with limited resources, creating a niche sports game and literally hitting the competition for 6.

Seriously dude, have you for even one second considered all the things that WE asked for as a community from day one of DBC14 that have been implemented. BA have literally listened to every word and answered most of them by giving in and putting it in THEIR game.

The helicopter shot in my opinion is the biggest waste of resources in the world. The time and effort they probably put into that one stroke played by one player in the world just to please the fans, that shows that customer expectations were met and exceeded. So, get off your high horse, find a copy of Ashes 2013 and drown your sorrows in that for a few hours (or preferably months) and come back with a bit more of a humble attitude, grateful for what WE have. And that, is a truly remarkable effort from a small studio, with limited resources, creating a niche sports game and literally hitting the competition for 6.
Well said.

Batting looks really smooth and enjoyable.

Don't suppose anyone played against the AI or we have any info on how the AI will play in a test etc?

Skill points having a proper effect?
I think that women's cricket match was against AI and the AI was really aggressive while batting...Feels like there would be balance of bad balls getting hit and good deliveries getting defended or nudged around..

My mantra for the whingers; dont buy it.

Thank god for Cricket 07 ay?
For Sure i will not as per your request, i just said my views lol not yours

I agree! wasting resources on helicopter shot was a very bad decision. They should have prioritize things. The greatest priority in term of animations should have been variety in bowling action and make the orthodox shots perfect first.
Well! Brother! Most probably you are a rich person, so you don't mind spending 75 dollars in a humble manner. But when i am thinking about spending this hard earned money into something, i will do some nitpicking for sure and what i said aren't nitpicking even! After watching RLL3 and lacrosse 16 i had high hopes. Only if we had some varieties in bowling actions, i would be more than happy to let them take my money. But being one of the most asked features from even before dbc 14, this iteration should have had new bowling animations. I am not whining for something of less importance, whereas so many less important things have been implemented. One of the major overhaul of this game could be difference in animation from dbc 14. There are surely lots of changes, happy for those. And i have appreciated for those things too.

I am a South African teacher. So trust me, I am not rich, not even close. I am a realist, and the truth is, this is the best cricket we have ever had. So DO NOT spend the money. End of...

I am a South African teacher. So trust me, I am not rich, not even close. I am a realist, and the truth is, this is the best cricket we have ever had. So DO NOT spend the money. End of...

I'm with you on the teachers wages haha! Definitely not rich!!

Yeah! This is the best cricket game so far in a monopolistic market. Well, said!
I also think this DBC franchise brought the best cricket game so far. But if there were some competitions , we would be able to see more improvements.

I agree! wasting resources on helicopter shot was a very bad decision. They should have prioritize things. The greatest priority in term of animations should have been variety in bowling action and make the orthodox shots perfect first.
Well! Brother! Most probably you are a rich person, so you don't mind spending 75 dollars in a humble manner. But when i am thinking about spending this hard earned money into something, i will do some nitpicking for sure and what i said aren't nitpicking even! After watching RLL3 and lacrosse 16 i had high hopes. Only if we had some varieties in bowling actions, i would be more than happy to let them take my money. But being one of the most asked features from even before dbc 14, this iteration should have had new bowling animations. I am not whining for something of less importance, whereas so many less important things have been implemented. One of the major overhaul of this game could be difference in animation from dbc 14. There are surely lots of changes, happy for those. And i have appreciated for those things too.

If i say yes to your post one of the guy in this forum will be all over me buy its some what acceptable.one word animations should have been better ,but features list in dbc 17 is topnotch though.

If i say yes to your post one of the guy in this forum will be all over me buy its some what acceptable.one word animations should have been better ,but features list in dbc 17 is topnotch though.
Should have been, should have been, should have been.....should have been taught manners....what does should have been mean? Because you are of course the industries leading computer animator?

Hahaha. I can feel you bro. Surely it's not one of the best democratic blogs.
I never had any complain regarding the features list. They are topnotch without any doubt. But the first impression is the one based on which people are going to take the decision of purchasing this game.
I hope this iteration will generate more revenues than before and will satisfy us more in next iteration.

I'd take 14's animations with improved gameplay, little bat pads etc over new animations all day long!

Infact, personally I don't care if there is only one bowling action.

I'd like a game that spins when it's dusty and seams when its grassy.

However I still stand by the point that a better reveal for me, would be Test Match human bowling to AI seeing them play correct shots to the ball delivered.

Animations can look all over the place when someone is trying to play an exspansive cover drive to a back of a length delivery drifting down leg!!

I wonder why BA have decided against logos on the grass in matches? Would have been a nice little atmosphere booster.

The way the batsman tapping the bat on pitch when he is ready to face to the ball is same for both men and women...for women it looks good because they hold the bat weak but for men they need to do it in a strong way.

Users who are viewing this thread