Don Bradman Cricket 17 World Premiere Discussion

Question for the lads at BA or anyone who has played it.

I quite like it when the fielding is set to auto and your edges fly to the slips/keeper.

Will there will be an option to turn off the manual fielding.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy doing both but just curious if the option is still there.

This may of been previously answered, so apologese if it has!!

Will there will be an option to turn off the manual fielding.
Videos seemed to be people playing on the semi-auto mode - where players run for you, but you'd need to catch/throw yourself. There's full auto and manual options as well.

Will it be wrong to say that it's wrong, completely wrong. I have never seen anyone having a follow through like that after playing a back footed lofted shot. The bat was going over the
shoulder. I had a post regarding this shot, which some of you would define as constructive criticism. But i can see that wasn't implemented.
From the visuals perspective, i don't think there is much of a positive thing to say about this game except the crowd. Crowd looks awesome.
Bigantstudios did a decent job. But we had higher expectations after the 1st game.
Capture.PNG

Every thing looks fine in World premier of DBC 17 , except back foot shots,looks so ugly.And one more thing that annoys is like when batsmen was caught out by fielder still umpire animations signals out even though its straight forward catch
My mantra for the whingers; dont buy it.

Thank god for Cricket 07 ay?

My thoughts based on the videos I have seen:

Things I liked:
- Animations (especially fielding) look much smoother and improved
- Career mode depth is amazing. If the game had just these career mode changes over DBC14 and nothing else, I would still buy the game.
- The line/length HUD being shown just a second or two before would make all the difference to people like me who earlier needed to pre-meditate shots against Fast bowlers in DBC14
- Having multiple grounds assignable to teams is a great addition and makes playing tours (and career mode) so much more immersive.
- Presentation looks pretty good - I love the addition of making the team colour in overlays selectable.

Things that can be improved:
- The AI still chooses weird, unrealistic field settings. Long-off in the first over of the match? Having Slips, Gully and Short-thirdman at the start of the match? Hopefully this is related to match difficulty and may not happen on higher difficulty levels.
- I don't like the Slo-mo implementation for catching in the slips/WK, though I can understand there is perhaps no better alternative to implement it in a video game
- Not sure if this is because they were human-controlled but otherwise Wicket-keeper needs to be improved. More often than not, the WK keeps diving for no apparent reason - instead of getting in the line of the throw from the outfielder, it waits until the last second and then dives to take the throw.

Batting looks really smooth and enjoyable.

Don't suppose anyone played against the AI or we have any info on how the AI will play in a test etc?

Skill points having a proper effect?

*Pedantry Klaxon*

Right you've had fair warning, my minor nitpick from watching the videos is that the on disc equipment assigned to teams doesn't seem the best. I know a lot will be fixed in the academy for international county/state/franchise teams but down at club level it wouldn't kill to put a but of coloured piping on an all white kit and make stuff look a bit more polished out of box.

If that's all I can find to moan about you can be sure I'm pretty damn stoked for release now, career mode looks a massively improved beast!

Awesome how there are so many club options already in game just for Victoria alone. I wonder if this is the case in other countries too..?

Users who are viewing this thread